TAI TF-X / Milli Muharip Uçak MMU Kaan

To admit, as long as the political situation does not change, I hope Germany will block any sale of the EJ-200. :(
I also wish so :) 40 new and 79 modded F-16V (along with 150 F-16 Özgür) would fill the interim/stopgap modernization need of the AF well enough especially when supplemented with some LO drones (Kizilelma + Anka 3) until Kaan gets inducted into service (whenever that may be).

You simply don't need to procure new F-15EXs or Eurofighters and wait 4-5 years for delivery on top of that. It's because the Air Force is simply too late to place an order for foreign (stopgap) fighters when indigenous solutions for their problem will become available in that same timeframe.

Last edited:
I also wish so :) 40 new and 79 modded F-16V (along with 150 F-16 Özgür) would fill the interim/stopgap modernization need of the AF well enough especially when supplemented with some LO drones (Kizilelma + Anka 3) until Kaan gets inducted into service (whenever that may be).

You simply don't need to procure new F-15EXs or Eurofighters and wait 4-5 years for delivery on top of that. It's because the Air Force is simply too late to place an order for foreign (stopgap) fighters when indigenous solutions for their problem will become available in that same timeframe.
100¹⁰⁰ times agree.

But I guess Air force is aware of this too and rumours that they will get the slot of Qatari orders

Latest update (from an another Saudi visit, in fact:().

The P0 demo plane is due to make an another flight within the year but intensive testing is going to begin with the roll out of P1 and P2 by next year.

GZ24Pd-WMAMeKnS.jpeg

First delivery target by 2028 gives it 2 years for intensive testing, this is still a bit ambitious for my taste but considering the threat risks involved for the AF, it can't get inducted soon enough...

The first launching tests of the ramjet-propelled long-range air-to-air missile GÖKHAN, which is under development under the Prime Contractorship of TÜBİTAK SAGE, are expected to be carried out in 2025. However, in order to see the real performance of GÖKHAN, the MURAD AESA Nose Radar, which has a long detection range capability, must also be ready. Because the AN/APG-68 series radars on F-16s will be insufficient in terms of performance for a missile like GÖKHAN. GÖKHAN, which is announced to be able to reach speeds close to Mach 5, will feature the ASELSAN product AGRAS-200AA Active RF Seeker Head.
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/ibrahim-sünnetci-b2951544_tübi̇tak-sage-ana-yükleniciliğinde-geliştirme-activity-7252627678246174720-Pvcl?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_ios

If anyone's curious, here's more info on the mentioned missile along with the existing ones: https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/threads/tai-tf-x-milli-muharip-uçak-mmu-kaan.13448/post-657692

Last edited: