TAI TF-X / Milli Muharip Uçak MMU Kaan

Wow nice
I dunno why but this plane, at least the front part, really reminds me of the F-102, but made stealthy
probably because how far the intakes are and how high it seems like the pilot is sitting.

I am wondering if they plan to add more RCS reducing features to the engine area. such as serrated turkey feathers

Wow nice
I dunno why but this plane, at least the front part, really reminds me of the F-102, but made stealthy
probably because how far the intakes are and how high it seems like the pilot is sitting.

I am wondering if they plan to add more RCS reducing features to the engine area. such as serrated turkey feathers
Yeah she is interesting isn't she :D

Wow nice

Sadly can't touch the engine:/

It makes you wonder if they are considering a Naval version.
Obviously they are considering it. A small aircraft carrier has entered service with the Turkish navy, and a project for a full-fledged aircraft carrier and destroyer is being considered in the future.
TF-X: Taxiing tests were successfully completed.

Last edited:
MMU-Milli-Muharip-Ucak-Motor.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Not a fan of the front end, which is a shame because the rear isn't bad at all. At least it's a fairly original design.

from the front it looks like the Lockhart planes and their clones the FC-35 and Boramae
but from the side it looks quite different, like I said, a stealthy F-102

at least we know it definitely has S-ducts from that frontal pic.
from Canards pic
we can clearly see a side bay, which means they went for an F-22 set up (2 side bays and 1 or 2 belly bays)
rather than an Su-75 style set up with tandem bays.

past depictions of the TFX showed both types

from the front it looks like the Lockhart planes and their clones the FC-35 and Boramae
but from the side it looks quite different, like I said, a stealthy F-102

at least we know it definitely has S-ducts from that frontal pic.
from Canards pic
we can clearly see a side bay, which means they went for an F-22 set up (2 side bays and 1 or 2 belly bays)
rather than an Su-75 style set up with tandem bays.

past depictions of the TFX showed both types

It has two side and two tandem belly bays.

1637235317858.png ss.png 60dd81f047f7d.jpg

^ thanks for the clarification

it does explain its rather long but thin fuselage shape

one thing that seems to be unclear is the side bays.
in the cross section it looks like it would open downwards
but on the unpainted prototype picture, you can see what looks like a door panel on the side

Attachments

• FrdHhxOXsAAoSUQ.jpeg
    FrdHhxOXsAAoSUQ.jpeg
    232.6 KB · Views: 55
^ thanks for the clarification

it does explain its rather long but thin fuselage shape

one thing that seems to be unclear is the side bays.
in the cross section it looks like it would open downwards
but on the unpainted prototype picture, you can see what looks like a door panel on the side
Yeah that's what's confusing me as well. There is definitely a door there but both the bulkhead and the design render show the station under the belly.

A summary of what is known about this aircraft so far. One thing that impresses me about Turkey's defense industry is that it is similar to Israel in the sense that they have accomplished so much with limited resources. Whether or not this program turns into a giant money pit that curtails investment in other promising projects remains to be seen, but the fact that they are about to fly a prototype is still a massive accomplishment by any metric.

Last edited:
I don't get why people think that this aircraft is smaller than F-22 or even KF-21? (It is not)

I don't get why people think that this aircraft is smaller than F-22 or even KF-21? (It is not)
has anyone said its smaller than the KF-21?
I think most people agree, its main body is thin (although the cockpit area is large)
but its quite long. possibly to accommodate the tandem bays

Such a hodgepodge of parts, the landing gear is similar to the F-15s setup but somehow more inboard. Once we see an underside shot we'll see what kind of packaging constraints they were working with.

It's a huge plane, they couldn't have gone with F-22 fold up gear easily.

Does TAI have an official unveiling show planned for the plane? Kind of like Korea had for KF21? If so, have they announced when might that happen?

It is one of the more beautiful of the conventional fifth gen stealth shapes.

Does TAI have an official unveiling show planned for the plane? Kind of like Korea had for KF21? If so, have they announced when might that happen?
No today. TAI is planning a huge event for next month as far as I know. ATAK-2 will get unveiled, TF-X will "officially" get presented, and Hurjet will perform her maiden flight I think. ANKA-3 is shrouded in secrecy... We might never see a ceremonial event for that thing.