TAI TF-X / Milli Muharip Uçak MMU Kaan

Just a question since I saw the profiles in the KF-21 thread, do we have a realistic profile drawing of the current configuration?
I remember when the PAK-FA/Su-57, the Checkmate, the J-20 and J-35 all came out, immediately some artists began to draw profiles ... but not so here?

all the drawings which are online are based on these...and yes you are right, they are rather old config....some journos were invited to Tusaş...let's see what surprises we get to know soon i hope

Just a question since I saw the profiles in the KF-21 thread, do we have a realistic profile drawing of the current configuration?
I remember when the PAK-FA/Su-57, the Checkmate, the J-20 and J-35 all came out, immediately some artists began to draw profiles ... but not so here?
There are thousands of official drawings of the aircraft for sure. TAI doesn't release them, and I don't expect them to anytime soon. But this doesn't stop people like @buchmaru from improvising

FlyOA30acAAEHkF.jpeg

There are thousands of official drawings of the aircraft for sure. TAI doesn't release them, and I don't expect them to anytime soon. But this doesn't stop people like @buchmaru from improvising

View attachment 690638
Looong Beak

The most recent image of the TF-X should have GE-F110 engines installed.

MOND recently said;
Mr Ismail Demir: "We have an invitation to friendly and brotherly countries such as Indonesia, Pakistan, Malaysia and Azerbaijan (regarding MMU/TFX)
If there is a demand and we have brought this matter up to them at various levels, we think this partnership will be beneficial for all parties."

So, invitation to the project has been extended to the above countries

Wow ... slowly its looking better!
but is it me or is that manipulated - aka the surrounding stuff was erased via photoshop?
No, because the surrounding area was the same when we first got the leak, i.e, a foreign delegate was visiting and while everyone was distracted, somebody somehow took the photo and leaked it. So, there's no manipulation on that regard.

20230108_115200.jpg

F-22 / TFX Nose comparison
Fl8bPQFWAAAxVGa

Another comparison.

Lockheed Martin collaboration on the KF-21 program is a known fact. What about the TFX?

Attachments

• 20230108_165148.jpg
    20230108_165148.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 58
I feel that all of the models and mock ups of the TFX thus far, will not be completely accurate of what they ended up building.

for example from what I've seen, the prototype being built features a different cockpit shape, a different radome shape, different vertical tail placement, less prominent LERX if any, different intake shape,

and while we haven't seen the side view yet, I suspect its not going to be as thin and long shaped as the mock up either

not quite the same angle but enough to show the major differences
Screen Shot 2023-01-09 at 14.22.23.png

I feel that all of the models and mock ups of the TFX thus far, will not be completely accurate of what they ended up building.

for example from what I've seen, the prototype being built features a different cockpit shape, a different radome shape, different vertical tail placement, less prominent LERX if any, different intake shape,

and while we haven't seen the side view yet, I suspect its not going to be as thin and long shaped as the mock up either

not quite the same angle but enough to show the major differences
View attachment 690790

Actually, the twin engine design is the only thing they have in common

CEO Temel Kotil

"The National Combat Aircraft will fly in 2023. We planned the flight for 2025, but we revised the date."

"National Combat Aircraft has 2 F-16 engines."

"The National Combat Aircraft will be a documentary. The videos are being shot, you will cry if you see it."

"We're checking the fuel tanks and the hydraulics. We'll fuel up in the next days and then start the engines."

"5th generation planes can destroy air and ground targets from hundreds of kilometers away. So there is no need to go near the target."

"A miniaturized model of ANKA-3 unmanned warplane developed by TAI was flown, and the larger model will be revealed in the coming months."

"The flight will take place in March or April."

"It will be able to accompany TF-X, HÜRJET and other air platforms."

so what will be the Turkish Air Force fleet in the coming decades, say 2040?

I am guessing it F-16s, F-4s and Hurjets
which will make way to
TFX, Hurjet, and various drones?

which will make way to
I'm not expecting armed Hurjets even though It makes all the sense to field a fleet of 50-60 of them just like the RoKAF. Since both Kizilelma and Anka-3 are going to join the inventory a lot sooner and deliver the same payload and weapons suite more stealthily and cheaply without all the hassle of training pilots. Pilots are very valuable and they can be lost in combat; this is where Loyal wingmen and unmanned fighters come along.

The date has been changed 3 times in the past 2 years! Everything must be going great and ahead of the plan as the first prototype has emerged but I think they're rushing it a bit much. Still, it is very much possible now that GTU-0 is ready for roll-out.

Confirmed by engineers working on the project

Holy! Idk how they are doing this but somehow they are and idk what to say

which will make way to
I'm not expecting armed Hurjets even though It makes all the sense to field a fleet of 50-60 of them just like the RoKAF. Since both Kizilelma and Anka-3 are going to join the inventory a lot sooner and deliver the same payload and weapons suite more stealthily and cheaply without all the hassle of training pilots. Pilots are very valuable and they can be lost in combat; this is where Loyal wingmen and unmanned fighters come along.
MUM-T, i can easily spot the leaning to MUM-T by TurAF from recent statements

TAI CEO Temel Kotil emphasised that Gökbey general purpose helo can work with unmanned vehicles made by Turkey, he also emphasized TF-X/Hürjet and TAI TISU teaming. (We can use Kızılelma too)

How much funding has the project received so far and how much in the future? Is it known how many foreign engineers have been scalped by Turkey? Also are western "rules based" countries sabotaging the program?

It is impressive. In spite of the downturn in global markets. It is wise to rapidly develop defense industries in these strange times. Over here in America we can look forward to building back better...

How much funding has the project received so far and how much in the future? Is it known how many foreign engineers have been scalped by Turkey? Also are western "rules based" countries sabotaging the program?

It is impressive. In spite of the downturn in global markets. It is wise to rapidly develop defense industries in these strange times. Over here in America we can look forward to building back better...
Please go back to the beginning of the thread and start reading instead of coming to the very end and asking. Hell you can even do something as simplistic as googling. It's derailing the thread while we have more important things to discuss.

Statements by
@TEI_TUSAS General Manager @Temel_Kotil for the first flight date of the MMU:

*December 2019: "MMU's first flight is in 2026."
*September 2021: "Our goal is to make the MMU fly by March 18, 2025."
*December 2022: "MMU's maiden flight is going to be on 29 October 2024."
*January 2023: "MMU will fly by the end of 2023."

View: https://twitter.com/TyrannosurusRex/status/1612373494674726913?s=20&t=iFImtAvCywHa_phEnkBFyQ

I think as the prototype emerged by December, they realized that they can accelerate the program a whole year just by flying the ground test article. So I have no worries and I'm sure they can handle any problems that may arise by then.

And all of the news we've had today indicate that the roll out is going to be in two to three weeks at the latest.

Last edited:
Statements by
@TEI_TUSAS General Manager @Temel_Kotil for the first flight date of the MMU:

*December 2019: "MMU's first flight is in 2026."
*September 2021: "Our goal is to make the MMU fly by March 18, 2025."
*December 2022: "MMU's maiden flight is going to be on 29 October 2024."
*January 2023: "MMU will fly by the end of 2023."

View: https://twitter.com/TyrannosurusRex/status/1612373494674726913?s=20&t=iFImtAvCywHa_phEnkBFyQ

I think as the prototype emerged by December, they realized that they can accelerate the program a whole year just by flying the ground test article. So I have no worries and I'm sure they can handle any problems that may arise by then.

And all of the news we've had today indicate that the roll out is going to be in two to three weeks at the latest.

Really? :p

Does it actually accelerate the programme or does it just allow you to fly something earlier? For nice pictures etc.

You still need an airframe to do the ground structural testing. You still need a bunch more prototype aircraft flying to do all the DT&E test points before OT&E. Etc.

Does it actually accelerate the programme or does it just allow you to fly something earlier? For nice pictures etc.

You still need an airframe to do the ground structural testing. You still need a bunch more prototype aircraft flying to do all the DT&E test points before OT&E. Etc.
It's not like they're only going to have a single prototype. They're actually planning to have 8 prototypes in total which is very unusual.

I figure they're just going to fly it a couple of times before the second prototype's ready and continue doing the ground testing with the GTU-0 as they assign the second one for aerial testing.

It's not like they're going to sit idle and do nothing till the first flight. They're probably going to do the tests that are necessary to make sure the aircraft is airworthy, and then do the rest later as the GTU-0 becomes available again.

8 flying prototypes seems pretty standard for this sort of programme

Exposing your static test article to unknown flight loads is just weird. It calls into question all the data you're going to subsequently collect that underpins the airframe qualification and airworthiness.