Perhaps the announcement of the sale of 12 Rafale to Serbia tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, on the occasion of President Macron's visit to Serbia.
The two capitals - Paris and Belgrade - both want this transaction. “Our hope is to see this discussion come to fruition on the occasion of the visit” of Emmanuel Macron to Serbia at the invitation of the Serbian president, explained the Élysée. Aleksandar Vucic told AFP on Wednesday that he hoped to conclude the highly anticipated purchase of French fighter planes during the French president's visit.

Just now, the French news channel BFM TV is broadcasting a banner on which it is written that "Serbia has concluded the purchase of 12 French Rafale combat aircraft in the presence of Emmanuel Macron."

Edit :

Last edited:
There have been articles about electronic warfare tests between Rafale and Su-35 in Egypt, where the Rafale won, but, as far as I know, it was fake news. Apparently these tests never took place. The sources were a Breaking Defense article and a tweet, both from Mahmoud Gamal, but I never found either. They both disappeared.

Then, as at one time Russia bought Western equipment, notably French, to equip the Flanker series aircraft,
I imagine that French electronics was superior to Russians in terms of avionics, especially now that Russia has struggling to equip themselves with Western components. But perhaps that will change in the future, especially with China's possible aid to Russia.

They told us that,the radar of Rafale make a blind vision to Su-35,of course I don't mean any offence,because
I know the Sukhoi Su-35 is one of the best fighter have been ever made in my opinion,but I can't believe this ?.

They told us that,the radar of Rafale make a blind vision to Su-35,of course I don't mean any offence,because
I know the Sukhoi Su-35 is one of the best fighter have been ever made in my opinion,but I can't believe this ?.
It was never confirmed and the original source removed the original article and tweet. For me, this is fake news.

No, it's fake news too... Already debunked Yesterday...

Among others:

View: https://x.com/politblogme/status/1828703107607323068

Nobody made the remark, but it´s fair to say that 3b$ is an expensive amount to spend for 12 Rafale.
Last Belgium F-35 deal was for 34 airframe (nearly 3 times as much airframe) for 6,5b$ (2018), latest Block. Factor 25% inflation and you are still on the loosing side with the 4th Gen Dassault jet.

Let´s hope that Belgrade got some advantageous terms on the financial side.

it´s fair to say that 3b$ is an expensive amount to spend for 12 Rafale.

Let´s hope that Belgrade got some advantageous terms on the financial side.
Hard to tell because we don’t know the details of the package and in particular whether financing costs are included in the quoted price. It’s not uncommon for accumulated interest to greatly increase the package cost, especially if you’re a country with poor credit (like Serbia).

If you look at neighboring Bulgaria they had to put 100% cash down for 16 F-16Vs and that cost them $2.7B for deliveries in 2025-27. If they had gotten export financing (say at a 3-4% interest rate for 10+ years) the package cost would have been much higher, and probably not that dissimilar on a per aircraft basis to Serbia’s Rafale deal.