Let’s be honest here. Developing an aircraft from scratch is hard, no matter how big of a country you are. I applaud the Indians for the huge effort.
With LTS majority if not all of the key components like engine, avionics….would come from Russia anyway.
The sweet part (if true) would be that if you wanna buy Su-75 you have to go to India. Plus it would give India a backup in case the development of indigenous aircrafts takes longer than expected.

@Cjc
1. Flaps are different that’s it.
2. It has Su-57 and Okhotnik. That’s what it wants and it needs, LTS is a side project of UAC.

No, the LCA was designed for pretty specific reasons and it should be judged in that way. It is meant to fill up the Indian airforce and replace their mig21 fighters.

No, the LCA was designed for pretty specific reasons and it should be judged in that way. It is meant to fill up the Indian airforce and replace their mig21 fighters.
And one of the most damning things against it was exactly that: in 2019 Indian interceptor pilots, on the hottest theater, were still stuck in mig-21s.
We're now in 2024 - and they still are. And I wonder how 2025 retirement will work out, since mk.1a isn't exactly going at a speed of light.

The LCA was designed for a different set of requirements than the F-16 (or the Su-75 for that matter), they aren't really comparable. It also has had protracted development (but that is true of every other modern fighter). I don't get what you guys are on about.

Comrades, in my opinion, many inconsistencies with price, export directions and RuAF requirements can be solved by assuming/speculating on the following [taken from discussions on Paralay’s, Airbase and other forums]:
1. 30-35 million $ is the base price for manned(1, 2) Su-75 on Al-41F1 engine and downgraded electronics and less/no RAM coating, those may go for export into countries that cant afford better version, or those that are likely to share info with the West or conduct exercises, India as an example.
2. 50-60 million $ for the top, unmanned Su-75 on Al-51F1 with best-available electronics, Su-57/57M level version for RuAF. Russia seems not to be interested in manned single-engine fighters, however UCAVs are whole other topic, but as said above: Su-57(M) and S-70 is the thing they want and need.
3. 35-50 million $ versions of manned(1, 2) Su-75 with different insides for close-to-Russia countries (Belarus, Kazakhstan, ect.), to replace aging Su-27 derivative fleets. Belarus in particular seems to be interested in light fighters.

The most important things for Su-75 future are:
a) UAC funding and RuAF liking the idea of supersonic-UCAV-wingman
b) The results of Ukrainian conflict are key for any export predictions. If [not going into politics too much] Russian international relationships become better, 1 becomes way more likely, if relations get way worse, 3 becomes unlikely.

50-60 million seems like a much more reasonable price then 30-40. Assuming the plane is in fact cheaper then the f-35 it's completely possible that's its just not.

I think it probably would be, and total tech transfer would be a boon especially in helping India with engine development. The su-75 is an elegant design. I think one of the main hindrances of partnership not mentioned is CAATSA.

1. 30-35 million $ is the base price for manned(1, 2) Su-75 on Al-41F1 engine and downgraded electronics and less/no RAM coating, those may go for export into countries that cant afford better version, or those that are likely to share info with the West or conduct exercises, India as an example.
Developing downgraded electronics doesn't come free of charge, downgraded or not. It takes political will and many dozens of orders to justify.
Otherwise it'll make program more expensive to customers, not the other way around.