SpaceX (general discussion)

Personally I think that Elon Musk is a very strange weirdo who's full of shit.
looking on what he achieve:

Start mass produce electric vehicle, becoming number one in manufacture of electric Cars.
gave us PayPal the backbone of Online commerce and finance transaction.
Revolutionise spaceflight with Falcon 9 and Starship reduce launch cost
The Boring company drill fast and economic tunnels
Neurolink a interface Brain and computers, show very promise results.
and soon humanoid Robots and A.I.

Yeah, he ist a weirdo, but the richest of all, who secure already His place in the History books...

Start mass produce electric vehicle, becoming number one in manufacture of electric Cars.

Yeah, he ist a weirdo, but the richest of all, who secure already His place in the History books...
When you speak, and nations listen, you're probably not full of shit. (Which doesn't preclude the possibility of being a world-class shit-talker. They are not mutually exclusive.)

You have a strange definition of "full of shit".
He's an amazing entrepreneur but when it comes to non-business-related opinions, the faecal matter definitely shows.

When you speak, and nations listen, you're probably not full of shit.
But there are many exceptions. Say, if a VP nominee suggests that the UK might become the first Islamist nation with nukes for instance.

Last edited:
He's an amazing entrepreneur but when it comes to non-business-related opinions, the faecal matter definitely shows.

But there are many exceptions. Say, if a VP nominee suggests that the UK might become the first Islamist nation with nukes for instance.
Well yeah, I'm sure Iran will get nukes before the UK becomes an Islamist nation. BTW he's saying that because he doesn't want it to happen. I'd be more concerned with leaders who keep their heads in the sand.

The complex at KSC is not for production
i mean this Empty Factory building next HangarX on Roberts Road
now nickname HangarX-two by NSF since Falcon 9 are store inside.
this could serve for Falcon 9 construction if needed
FriaQb3XwAAIevD

Last edited:
Render of the SpaceX dragon-derived ISS deorbit vehicle, it will be powered by 46 Draco engines, will have 6 times the useable propellant and 3-4 times The power generation, deorbit is planned for 2030

Edit: It will weight 30t including 16t of propellant,m.
7172B3DD-4C75-4BB0-B60C-B4BA82CE1DC1.jpeg

Last edited:
Render of the SpaceX dragon-derived ISS deorbit vehicle, it will be powered by 46 Draco engines, will have 6 times the useable propellant and 3-4 times The power generation, deorbit is planned for 2030

View attachment 734758
Makes you wonder what other uses they might find for it. Might be the first general space tug.

Neurolink was started at Lawrence Livermore National Labs, Musk just stole all the employees... Tesla was also started by others. Building underground highways for Teslas is also not the most efficient way to use those drills.

I don't blame Musk, CA is all screwed up and I grew up in LA so a CA native all my life, my Wife and I are leaving the state for retirement. Not the CA I grew up in that's for sure.
California is frankly great. Great weather, great food, great people, lots to do, great parks. Cost of living (specifically housing) is very high but so are salaries. I am making more and saving more than when I was living in Ohio, despite the higher housing cost.

ULA concern are justify
There launch complex is close to LC-39A
What ULA fear is acoustic damage by noise of Superheavy launch !
The Saturn V and Shuttle damage with their launch noise infrastructure at Cap.
And this here is Starship/Superheavy V2, what will be far more loudly as current Version.

SpaceX must ensure acoustic damping, not only with water, but also noise absorber.
Not feasible. Pad sound suppression is for protecting the vehicle from reflected sound of its exhaust at liftoff plus a few seconds of flight.. Pad sound suppression does not reduce the sound to the surrounding areas. Also after liftoff, the sound is coming from vehicle in the air. Nothing is going to dampen noise from it.

A fuel fat craft like that might be used to de-orbit other space junk then.

Instead of one big ISS, then in grabbing other bits---slowing down with a few puffs, releasing the debris to re-enter more quickly, then going on to the next item provided it isn't too far out of plane.

If released from Starship, this might be useful for something like ARM, or Space Force.

Like the LM, I would say this is among the first true spacecraft in terms of it not merely coasting once deployed. Most craft in orbit are pretty much stuck in plane--where this has a bit more agility.

This craft interests me more than Starship itself for now.

Starship production needs to be at a river mouth—hey Elon!
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gA8lsw3s70Q

Last edited:
They might say it is a one-off, but it may be useful for Gateway.

Gateway already has a tug; I believe both are scheduled to launch next year. Things that do not interact with the atmosphere do not need that kind of acceleration; ion engines can handle it more efficiently over a long enough time period in vacuum.

A fuel fat craft like that might be used to de-orbit other space junk then.

Instead of one big ISS, then in grabbing other bits---slowing down with a few puffs, releasing the debris to re-enter more quickly, then going on to the next item provided it isn't too far out of plane.

If released from Starship, this might be useful for something like ARM, or Space Force.

Like the LM, I would say this is among the first true spacecraft in terms of it not merely coasting once deployed. Most craft in orbit are pretty much stuck in plane--where this has a bit more agility.

This craft interests me more than Starship itself for now.

Unnecessary. The problem with ISS is that significant portions might survive re-entry, so timing must be precise to fall in an ocean (pacific presumably). Anything that completely burns up does not need that. Starlinks burn up in controlled re-entry all the time with their on board ion engines.

The heaviest one I think weighs 800 kg; I doubt anything reaches the ground.

SpaceX no doubt has tried to minimise if not eliminate components made from steel, titanium or inconel for example, all of these materials have high melting temperatures.

On another note the Space Bucket has put out a video conerning the SpaceX ISS deorbitor:

Only a few weeks ago NASA announced its decision to pick SpaceX to provide a spacecraft capable of deorbiting the International Space Station. However, considering both the unique requirements as well as the necessary power to complete such an important task, at the time it wasn’t clear what vehicle design the company would use.
That was until today when we were provided both graphics along with new details about its design. Here I will go more in-depth into this vehicle’s design, what we know so far, its upgrades from a standard Dragon spacecraft, and more.
Chapters:
0:00 - Intro
0:28 - Deorbit Vehicle Design

Edit: It will weight 30t including 16t of propellant,m.

It took a few Progress to desorbit the 130 tons Mir back in March 2001. No surprise such a beast is needed to desorbit the ISS, four times heavy. A Progress weights 6 tons with approximately 1 ton of props.