They missed the obvious "our stealth jets don't hate tow bars" joke.

What way hae ye sic muckle muckle center depth?
Muckle boomstuff, muckle boomstuff.
What way hae ye sic sma' sma' inlets?
Aih-h-h!--late--and wee-e-e--moul.

I recommend the Barrow Poets' version.

Keep in mind that this is the first "dedicated" bomber designed after precision weapons mature over the past 2 decades. So the size of the bomber is designed around their uses. Unlike in the past, bombers need to be big enough to carry conventional "dumb" bombs in order to achieve the same effects.
Unless the USAF is planning to shift the deep-strike penetrator munitions capability from stealth bombers to TBMs they are developing right now and field them in allied nations in the far east and Guam, stealth bombers should be able to operate MOP and equivalent payloads.

Indeed it is tiny. Just compare it to the Industry Standard Feline.

View attachment 688237

What is this? A bomber for ants?
At most, payload is equivalent or slightly more than a Strike Eagle.
The f15 doesn't carry alcms.
Neither will this.
I seriously doubt that it's not capable of carrying long range missiles. You guys are assuming a lot from basically a frontal profile... And nothing more.

Indeed it is tiny. Just compare it to the Industry Standard Feline.

View attachment 688237

What is this? A bomber for ants?
At most, payload is equivalent or slightly more than a Strike Eagle.
The f15 doesn't carry alcms.
Neither will this.
I seriously doubt that it's not capable of carrying long range missiles. You guys are assuming a lot from basically a frontal profile... And nothing more.
The B-2 doesn't even carry cruise missiles.

Last edited:

B-21 will be able to hold the same targets at risk without using MOP.
How? Is there a new penetrator ordnance in development that is lighter and smaller than MOP with equivalent penetration depth?
Why would they tell anyone?
I'm asking how he's able to say it with so much assurance, so better ask quellish how that's possible, if such thing exists and if they're gonna tell anybody, not me.

Also to be clear, I'm not judging if B-21 would be able to carry MOP or not. My point is B-21 would also need to carry "big conventional bombs" that are not stand-off ordnances.

Looks to me like it has four engines based on the inlet splitter, unless it's just a structural support?
Four business jet engines would actually make a lot of sense from a design perspective. Still low maintenance due to the reliability of commercial turbofans, and an engine out would be much less critical.

But my guess at this moment would be that it's just a structural support.

I stole Paul's image and drew on it. The bits inside the intakes that the arrows are pointing at seem like they could be solid? That'd make the intakes either smaller, or they take a serious inward curve (which wouldn't be out of the question from an RCS perspective anyway).

Attachments

• B-21-bright2.jpg
    B-21-bright2.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 203
@SOC
Could be.... There's a difference in darkness between the two sides, the inner part is near total black (000 RGB) while the outer part is just nearly black. This could be an artifact of the photo or even indication of censorship on the inner part.

Attachments

• B21-intake.jpg
    B21-intake.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 177
  • B21-intake2.jpg
    B21-intake2.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 157
I suspect the ducts do curve inward - with the apertures almost flush with the upper surface of the wing, there is a lot less depth to play with to achieve LOS obscuration than on the B-2 after all. So it may have to be done by sideways curvature instead - another good reason to have an aerodynamic vane, incidentally.