Introduce Yourself

Hello all. Allan511. 511= Aeroengine in CAF. 60 in February 2023.
I am a Canadian living in California for the last 32 years. My wife refused to move to Cold Lake Alberta. Go figure.
10.5 years CAF; Beech Sundowner, Bell Jetranger, F5, F18, CT114.
2 years building MD11 in Long Beach CA.
12.5 Years San Bernardino County Sheriffs; Cessna 206, 421, Saberliner jet, Twin Turbo Commander 690A,i
Bell 206B3, L4, UH1, SuperHuey, 212. Hughes OH6, 500E, MD 600 Notar. Airbus EC 120, AS350 B3.
City of Los Angeles 14 years; Bell 206B3, 206L3, Bell 407, 412HP, EP, Agusta AW139,
Airbus; AS 350B2, B3.
I am an A&P IA and private pilot.
I like everything aviation, especially the material here.
Thank you all for participating in this incredible site. There aren’t enough hours for me to enjoy all the information.

Hi everyone, I'm thrilled to be part of this forum! Thanks to @overscan (PaulMM) for founding it, I really like the niche interest here of this corner of aviation and I look forward to meeting the members. I met overscan at The Admin Zone, a great site for us forum admins and that's how I found out about this site.

I have an interest in aviation and like to watch documentaries about aircraft. I'm much more interested in the technical side rather than the commercial side.

I avidly watch the Air Crash Investigation documentaries on National Geographic and other programs. They're a fascinating insight into what can happen when flying goes wrong and most incidents are due to human error one way or another. Unfortunately, most episodes are tinged with sadness though as so many of the incidents portrayed feature great loss of life.

My favourite episode so far is the one about the Gimli Glider. Imagine unexpectedly running out of fuel at 41000 feet! In this instance they managed to land the plane in the most amazing manner, with no loss of life and only a minor injury or two. Read all about it, here:

I'm glad to say that recent series have featured much smaller aircraft and have much less episodes - a sure sign that aviation continues to get safer. Ideally, a series like this wouldn't exist at all.

Finally, I'm the founder of NerdZone Forums where you're welcome to have a look around and join if you like. I currently have a competition running which you might like to take part in.

I remember the Gimili glider. I was still in the Canadian Armed Forces Air element.
They landed the aircraft on the drag strip we used to race our motorcycles on.
I was stationed at CFB Portage la Prairie.

Hi
I am 40 years old,interested in miltary industry and especially aviation since 1996.
I am Turkish living in Istanbul since I was born and working as Mechanical Engineer,studied in KPI,Kyiv.
I like computer generated designs and machinery works.I speak English and German fluently,learnt them in 1990s during high school.
I found this forum last year and saw many interesting stuff. Hope to see more.

Hello there. You can call me Didzemiris. I am from Lithuania and I am 20 years old but live and study electronics (planning to study engineering next year) in Sweden. I started to have interest in aircrafts from 2015 once I got first time introduced to the internet. The construction of the aircrafts are very fascinating for me. I love to study and find out how something that is heavier than air can even fly. I really have huge interest in military aircrafts but also often researching aircrafts meant for space.

Greetings,
My name is Tim. I have a lifelong fascination with aircraft. I am a modeler with a strong interest in aviation history and a growing interest in secret projects, especially those from WWII and the Cold War. I joined this website because I hope to learn more about secret projects.

Hello,

I am a student with an aerospace engineering major. College has been a bit rough for me so I'm taking a break for the time being to seek alternatives. I've loved aircraft since childhood.

Hi. Firstly, thanks for accepting me into your forum.

My name is Walter. I'm 56yrs of age, and I'm from East London UK. I'm a scaffolder, and I've been in the business for 40+ yrs now.

Hi there guys. I am an independent aviation history writer, and have self published 5 books, not all military aviation related, mind you.

Anyway, I have been a long time lurker of this forum, and decided to join up. The reason is, I am going to delve into unknown waters with my next book. I plan to write several monographies on Russian military aircraft, ( something I haven't done yet) starting with the legendary MiG-21. Actually I am now writing US aircraft monographies, but I thought it would be nice to counterbalance the situation somewhat by writing about the Russian combat planes as well. Luckily I have one Russian aviation website owner who has offered the Russian aircraft photos on his website, as long as I credit his website.

I have quite a bit of info on the MiG-21, but if any person here has something interesting, please let me know.

Cheers,
Theo

Hi guys, I'm Dan.

I'm researching my late great-grandad who in 1958 received an MBE for his work with Hudswell, Clarke & Co.

I was drawn here by comments made by @bri21 who may have worked with him on the UK's Nuclear Weapons Program.
If @bri21 or anyone else can shed any more light on this period of my great-grandad's life, I will be eternally grateful!

Thanks,
Dan

Greetings all! I lurked around the forum for some years now and I decided to enter the community to read, discuss and find new amazing designs lost in time...
I'm a student, 26y.o. (almost) and i love to research lost planes from ww2 and cold war, especially from italy :)

Hello from Tennessee USA! I'm an avid model rocket builder and am looking to build a 1/2 scale MBDA Meteor for a sport scale high power rocketry competition. I was hoping to find someone here that could assist with drawings/measurements or maybe point me to someone that could help. I reached out to MBDA multiple times but no response.

Hi all, I'm John. Living in Southern California. I'm a vehicle concept designer and automotive designer, meaning I design some pretty outlandish vehicles that would never really work for video games, movies, toys, and I also work making real world cars that millions of people drive. I'm a collector of vintage aviation art and am a huge fan of Leynnwood and Roy Huxley. IMG_1658.JPG

Hi there
I’m Ana. I am from all over. I landed in Fort Worth, Texas. My mother contracted with the USAF and met my step father that way. I found this forum via google while looking up a project name I remember overhearing them discuss. Everything was always super hush hush around us. Neither of them are around to answer questions now, so I’m trying to do some digging.

Hi all, I'm John. Living in Southern California. I'm a vehicle concept designer and automotive designer, meaning I design some pretty outlandish vehicles that would never really work for video games, movies, toys, and I also work making real world cars that millions of people drive. I'm a collector of vintage aviation art and am a huge fan of Leynnwood and Roy Huxley.View attachment 686989
Nice picture! Welcome.

Hi there
I’m Ana. I am from all over. I landed in Fort Worth, Texas. My mother contracted with the USAF and met my step father that way. I found this forum via google while looking up a project name I remember overhearing them discuss. Everything was always super hush hush around us. Neither of them are around to answer questions now, so I’m trying to do some digging.
We might be able to provide answers, unless the project is still classified and we don't know of it. Lets try!

Hi everyone
My name is Edward Gonzy
I've always been fascinated with all things military since chilhood. I have a great passion for military history and military technology (past, present and future) specially naval technology, aswell as geopolitics. I've been following this forum since 2018 but it's until now that I decided to join in.

Hello,

Radium, 35 years old, from France. I just love prototypes and concepts of fighter aircraft.

I am also a 3D modeler who enjoys giving live to fallen projects. Here is what I just finished :

1668755323550.png

IAI Lavi, with AN/AAQ-28 Litening pod, Griffin LGB, Python 3 and 4 missiles + EL8222 jamming pod. All was made from existing data, with great support of Israeli enthusiasts and freely offered to everyone through a famous flight simulator.

I will now concentrate on Mirage III V !

Best regards,

Radium

Hello,

Radium, 35 years old, from France. I just love prototypes and concepts of fighter aircraft.

I am also a 3D modeler who enjoys giving live to fallen projects. Here is what I just finished :

View attachment 687332

IAI Lavi, with AN/AAQ-28 Litening pod, Griffin LGB, Python 3 and 4 missiles + EL8222 jamming pod. All was made from existing data, with great support of Israeli enthusiasts and freely offered to everyone through a famous flight simulator.

Best regards,

Radium

Bigre ! Impressionant ce boulot. Bievenue on this wonderful forum, from a 40 years old fellow from the same country.

Hello,

View attachment 687332

Best regards,

Radium

Bigre ! Impressionant ce boulot. Bievenue on this wonderful forum, from a 40 years old fellow from the same country.
Diantre un compatriote ! Geez ! One fellow countryman comrade !

Hello,

View attachment 687332

Best regards,

Radium

I'm also French !

Hello

Another new fanatic from Spain. 46 y.o. , healthcare professional, first interest was Cierva autogiro, then Hispano Suiza (Hisso), then the whole aircraft history

Glad to be here

Hola

Un nuevo fanático de España. 46 años, profesional de la salud, mi primer interés fue Cierva autogiro, luego Hispano Suiza, luego toda la historia de los aviones...

Encantado de estar aquí

Last edited:
Hello all. I´m Rudolf from Germany. Born and raised in the vicinity of RAF Laarbruch (one of the former clutch airfields near the German/Durch boarder) I came into contact with aircraft very early and travelled frequently to the airfield fence at Laarbruch during my schooldays. Later I got into contact to several service personnel on Laarbruch and could visit the base frequently. I´m interested in british aircraft and aircraft projects of the fifties and sixties.
Since my retirement (now 65 years old...) I spent some time on the internet, for instance on Flugzeugforum.de, where I found this forum

Greets

Hello,

View attachment 687332

Best regards,

Radium

I'm also French !

If you ever wonder @F.L. I still have that IRIAF CF-105 Arrow. I repaired the broken nosewheel only two weeks ago, during a trip to my Mom house, 100 miles south of Bordeaux where I live.