Apparently Turkey and Qatar have created a joint squadron at Qatar that is composed of Qatari Eurofighters and Turkish F-16s.

GV-XKpQWcAEMnOS
GV-ClmlXcAAaXTV

Source: View: https://x.com/MOD_Qatar/status/1828323594352390173

Just exactly what I was thinking kqcke for you. Let's see what happens to the Turkish order and of course how many they actually buy in the end if it does go through.

Apparently Turkey and Qatar have created a joint squadron in Qatar that is composed of Qatari Eurofighters and Turkish F-16s.

GV-XKpQWcAEMnOS
GV-ClmlXcAAaXTV

Source: View: https://x.com/MOD_Qatar/status/1828323594352390173
Here's a video report from the Turkish MoD showing the visit, it seems they deployed 6 F-16s in Qatar.
Air Force Commander Air General Ziya Cemal Kadıoğlu visited Qatar following the permanent deployment of the newly established Air Component Command within the Qatar Turkish Combined Joint Force Command. General Kadıoğlu made the first flight with Qatar Air Force Commander Major General Jassim Mohammed Ahmad Al-Mannai.
View: https://x.com/tcsavunma/status/1828431739364036848

Turns out there's some truth to this news from 2022 after all (⊙⊙)

"A set up of 250 Qatari personnel with a number of Qatari airforce planes (12 Rafale and 8 Mirage 2000) was already put in place in Türkiye for ”training” purposes in 2022 for a period of 5 years."
Qatar will soon deploy some 250 military personnel and 36 warplanes to Turkey as part of a military cooperation agreement between Doha and its close ally. This operation aims to get Qatari fighter pilots to train in Turkey.
https://www.blogbeforeflight.net/2022/10/qatar-deploy-fighter-aircraft-turkey.html?m=1#:~:text=Qatar will soon deploy some,pilots to train in Turkey.

Last edited:
Very interesting blog post by Billie Flynn on the Eurofighter. He has never been the greatest advocate for the aircraft but more interesting is the experience. I doubt the Eurofighter program was the first or the last to face these types of challenges and he has commented on challenges within the F-35 and F-16E test programs previously.

Fate, Luck and Choice – Truth versus Honesty – The Eurofighter Oscillation​

I have never worked for an organization that overtly lied to a customer, but I have been involved in programs where leaders certainly were not forthcoming about product issues or problems encountered in development.

In my world, there is a clear distinction between Truth and Honesty.

My first encounter with Truth versus Honesty was as a test pilot on Eurofighter Typhoon. Early in its development, I encountered a severe oscillation during aerial refueling which ultimately led to a complete redesign of the flight control system, 7 years after first flight. The tale was one of blame and obfuscation, trying to hide from an issue that no one wanted to acknowledge or fix. At a time of very fragile political support for Eurofighter, a very bad news story could certainly have wreaked havoc on the program’s hopes for success. While the program ultimately solved the technical issue, the ethical dilemma tainted my view of Eurofighter and every subsequent test program that I flew in.

Billy Flynn: "I encountered a severe oscillation during aerial refueling which ultimately led to a complete redesign of the flight control system"
A complete redesign of the FCS? I think I might have noticed given I was on the FCS team throughout that period. (aka it didn't happen).

The reality is fixing an unguarded PIO might have need a couple of tweaks to some filters, or maybe a new filter or two. That wouldn't even show up in the noise of the level of changes we were doing on an annual basis.

It does sort of show up how things look different from different perspectives. To a test pilot the flight control laws are the be-all and end-all of the FCS. To the flight control team they're one of the simpler bits, it's the redundancy management that's really complex.

Does the Typhoon still use a backup analogue FCS (In the event there's a total failure of the digital FCS)?