And we're back around to POLAR. Because if you're putting GMLRS in a VLS, you might as well take advantage of the cell depth and extend the rocket motor significantly.
What would be interresting (or atleast the performance it could achieve) when we take a POLAR sized GMLRS-ER using an SDB glider with an GMLRS warhead (i heard they had tested something like that). Range could be quite big

What would be interresting (or atleast the performance it could achieve) when we take a POLAR sized GMLRS-ER using an SDB glider with an GMLRS warhead (i heard they had tested something like that). Range could be quite big

Yeah, that would go a long, long way. I'm not sure the last increment from a glider would offset the potential of a much larger bang in a purely ballistic version.

The other proposed weapon from the same era that might be worth revisiting is the Vertical-launch Autonomous Attack System, which was a VL ASROC booster with multiple (3 or 4, I think) LOCAAS attack drones as a payload. LOCAAS seems like exactly the sort of munition that would be useful these days.