A great read on the causes of the crash off Japan in 2023 (material failure and faulty assumptions on the user side):

Highly recommended!
Yeah, that sounds like a training issue with Osprey crews... a Chip Light is a "land right effing NOW" item for helicopters!

Exactly what it looks like
Google Translation:

And the internet doesn't know about this, because it's an analog photo. The V-22 Osprey model with the ASC-890 Eireye radar, similar to the one on our Saab 340 AEWs.So what could have gone wrong here?

I mean, it's definitely a concept I've thought about before. But you can see some issues -- the radar beam translates back and up for landing, so the resulting aircraft is going to be extremely long. Maybe you could also slide it forward into the cabin, but you're going to need space in the cabin for operators.

As the comments note, vibration seems like it would be an issue, too. That's not a very rigid-looking structure and the last thing you want is the bean wobbling around. Seems like it would play hell with getting good resolution.

Unholy aft CG, batman!

Yeah, that also. I mean, I assume it's within limits, because the beam isn't the only heavy part of the radar. Big chunk of signal processing stuff probably placed as far forward as possible.

I mean, it's definitely a concept I've thought about before. But you can see some issues -- the radar beam translates back and up for landing, so the resulting aircraft is going to be extremely long. Maybe you could also slide it forward into the cabin, but you're going to need space in the cabin for operators.
I was assuming that the front A frame rolled like 270deg to stick the end of the beam into the cargo bay, then the aft A frame pushed the whole mess forwards.

Yeah, that also. I mean, I assume it's within limits, because the beam isn't the only heavy part of the radar. Big chunk of signal processing stuff probably placed as far forward as possible.
Yeah, it just looks particularly awful.

I was assuming that the front A frame rolled like 270deg to stick the end of the beam into the cargo bay, then the aft A frame pushed the whole mess forwards.

Oh, that is possible. I didn't visualize it. but it makes sense.