Ukrainian Conflict NEWS ONLY !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks, please keep to news only. This thread is not for opinions or arguments.

I have some very interesting analysis that I would share but it is also not news so I am leaving it out of this thread as well - if anyone wants it, you can PM me.

Posted at 16:3616:36

BREAKINGFive people reported dead in attack on Kyiv TV tower​

Ukrainian emergency services say five people were killed in the Russian attack on the Kyiv television tower.
It's unclear whether the tower itself was hit - it remains standing, but the blast took some broadcasts off air.
BBC Monitoring understands that five more people were injured in the missile strike.
But the 380-metre (1,250ft) TV tower is still standing.
Blast in TV Tower in Kyiv, Ukraine. 1 March 2022.
Reuters

Somehow I don't see this happening.

Reactions: zen

It's possible depending on if those companies depend on any US designed chips. Several Chinese telecoms including huawei had their wings clipped because although the chips are made in ROC/ROK, the designs come from the US and can be regulated. Depends on the details and how aggressive the administration wants to be.

Some interesting tidbits. While some advanced units have quality comms, many do not. Lots of listening and jamming of Russian communications.

Reactions: zen
Armata tanks were not used
The military operation has been extended until the eighth of March. On March 8, Russia, Belarus and Ukraine celebrate "Women's Day", men give flowers to women.

[link to video removed - not news - Admin]

Last edited by a moderator:
lates news
All Russian personnel has left Guiana Space Centre
ESA stop Exomars program until the situation is solved
The situation for ISS is unclear for moment.

There is little hope that An-225 is still standing and is partly damage
FMxtdk2VQAMXCv5

The US order all US citizen to leave Russia immediate.

and best political speech on situation sadly not by politician but by angry Journalist...
View: https://twitter.com/TripeUK/status/1498619923463131136

It's possible depending on if those companies depend on any US designed chips. Several Chinese telecoms including huawei had their wings clipped because although the chips are made in ROC/ROK, the designs come from the US and can be regulated. Depends on the details and how aggressive the administration wants to be.
Thats not true though. Huawei was blocked from using TSMCs fabs to make the chips. ARM is not an american company, and even if it was its pretty much an open standard that any licensee can do whatever they want with.

Excerpt from a White House Press Briefing from Feb. 28. Jen Psaki:

Okay. I just wanted to get — start off and give you — highlight some of the ongoing assistance — obviously, we made a number of announcements over the weekend — to get everybody up to speed. We have some charts to give you all the specifics, in case that is helpful.

The United States is the largest provider of assistance to Ukraine, and President Biden has committed more security assistance to Ukraine over the past year than the United States has provided at any other time in history.

On Friday night, the President authorized an additional $350 million of military assistance in support of Ukraine’s frontline defenders as they face armored, airborne, and other threats. He did so hours after speaking with President Zelenskyy to ask him what support he needed.

We are working to expedite deliveries from the latest package the President approved — I would note that the prior package that we had already announced has been ongoing and — and has been delivered, even in the last few days — parts of that — of that package. We expect equipment to start arriving within the next couple of days from this package.

That brought the total security assistance we’ve approved for Ukraine to $1 billion over the past year. It is the third time the President has expedited emergency security assistance for Ukraine’s defense in recent months using the Presidential Drawdown Authority. We’re also working with NATO Allies to facilitate the transfer of U.S.-made equipment from their inventories to Ukraine.

lates news
All Russian personnel has left Guiana Space Centre
ESA stop Exomars program until the situation is solved
The situation for ISS is unclear for moment.

There is little hope that An-225 is still standing and is partly damage
FMxtdk2VQAMXCv5

Interesting... if the wings are still intact, maybe they can mate those and the empennage to the unfinished fuselage of the second airframe? If they're damaged beyond repair (or the second one also took significant damage) I fear that's it - I think they were originally made by TAPO in Uzbekistan, which no longer exists (TAPO that is, rather than Uzbekistan).

I'm all for US domestic oil production if that's what that state wants to do. Wasn't it Churchill that said "never let a good crisis go to waste?"

Armata tanks were not used
The military operation has been extended until the eighth of March. On March 8, Russia, Belarus and Ukraine celebrate "Women's Day", men give flowers to women.

For those who want to understand what is really happening in Ukraine right now, you can follow the link
A bitter dose of reality, but that's how it is. Here's that John Mearsheimer clip again, the geopolitical and strategic reality that he predicted is happening right now, regardless of what "side" one is on
View: https://twitter.com/reachind_uk/status/1498806286766546944

Thats not true though. Huawei was blocked from using TSMCs fabs to make the chips. ARM is not an american company, and even if it was its pretty much an open standard that any licensee can do whatever they want with.
Well they definitely had issues that were instigated by the US; if you’re familiar with the legal specifics, please post.
TSMC uses american equipment, so the US now requires any TSMC customers to have a license from the US gov, otherwise TSMC gets frozen out by the US.

Besides executive orders it probably falls under some goofy export control law.

Wow!:

One theory for why the landings near there haven't materialized is mutiny. There have been reports today (Twitter) that marines from Crimea refused to attack Odesa. Apparently they were already sailing to the landing zone. At the time of writing these reports haven't been confirmed and should be treated with typical caution. But the authors are unlikely to have been aware of the Lukashenko map, so it is a very big coincidence. It seems to fit the story. We will see.

View: https://twitter.com/ASLuhn/status/1498960015230648320

View: https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1498958834882252801

Status
Not open for further replies.