Some Automotive Fun...

This story is particularly galling. I knew some one who worked for the police as a 'evaluator/validator' of speed camera photographs , something that needed to be done before the fines were issued. If I remember what they said about the training an image similar to the one described in this video was shown as an example of something that could not be infringed...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVVjpLkpvtw

Police stop 'suspicious' car with no doors and an ax in the roof​

Police-stop-suspicious-car-with-no-doors-and-an-ax-in-the-roof.jpg

Sgt. Colin Reagan told The Daily News the driver, Jared Price, 21, "performed poorly" in a field sobriety test and was found to be "impaired by multiple different drug categories."

Ya think?

Thomas was done playing Mr Nice Guy.
That's his uncle Gustav!

This appeared in the motoring news but looks very relevant to aerospace design.

This article is paywalled, but the gist is:

Using machine learning (AI that teaches itself), the tech can both reduce the amount of errors in design and testing ten-fold. This leads to fewer corrections and 40% fewer costly prototypes needing to be produced.

A search for SecondMind and Mazda gives:

This does not mean going directly from screen to series production. What makes car prototype testing take about two and a half years on average is the need to take the same design through prolonged testing under both hot and cold seasonal cycles, finding the real world problems, redesigning and then proving once again. Aircraft EMD is even more complex. However, a shortened timescale and reduced costs are not to be sneezed at.

I wonder if this sort of design technology inspired optimistic talk of 'new century series' fighters?
That requires your CFD models to be very accurate... I'm not sure they are sufficiently detailed yet.

Deltahawks V4 piston engine allegedly has no electronics--but is fuel injected?
Sure. You can do direct injection through pure mechanical bits, they were doing that in WW2 on big radial engines.

It just takes a very big and specialized piece of equipment to verify the tune and dial it in.