SiAW (Stand-in Attack Weapon)

I’m all for activating as many munitions production lines as possible but USAF has their toy and I think the USN will hold out for HALO. I cannot imagine a foreign organization funding it if they could just buy AGM-88G.

Its a developed system but we need to get it into production.
It is not a developed system. video itself references ready to go into EMD. Not completed EMD and ready for production. SiAW is in development now, and its parent missile (AARGM-ER) is undergoing operational testing and could declare IOC in the next few months or next year.

I’m all for activating as many munitions production lines as possible but USAF has their toy and I think the USN will hold out for HALO. I cannot imagine a foreign organization funding it if they could just buy AGM-88G.
How is it different from an AGM-88G? Can Lockheed cater to a different need, integrate different guidance and warhead solutions and field something that is more optimized for a particular target set (that AARGM-ER and SiAW are not optimized against)? One can use ones imagination and come with a whole host of scenarios where this could work for US and foreign customers. HALO is highly ambitious and highly risky. Not sure if its doable within program timelines to be completely honest.

From LM