Questions about China

Status
Not open for further replies.
People tend to change positions through step-by-step job promotions, but we need to know that you are a party member, but you don't necessarily work for the government, you may also be an employee in the factory, and if you do a good job, you become the team leader, and then the factory director, and then you may go further, for the government, it may be similar to the mayor? I don't think it's a difficult question for me as a college student to answer, and I don't know exactly how the succession mechanism works, but given that the current leader has been re-elected several times, if I'm not mistaken, he seems to have changed some of the rules.
Why would being a member of any party be relevant for professional promotion???
I don't understand what it is reunification attempt, If you're in politics, of course you'll have to respond to the manifesto, whatever it is, but if you're not in politics, it's probably okay if you don't respond.
Do you understand though that reunification takes the willingness of *BOTH* sides to reunite (and as a German, I have seen first hand how a true successful reunification looks like)? Taiwan is understandably not interested in giving up its independence and "reuniting" with mainland China, so any aggressive communist move would be a hostile invasion (like what Russia is currently attempting in Ukraine) rather than a "reunification".
I don't know, I can't answer, I've always been insensitive and averse to politics
Once again, I urgently beseech you to reconsider your attitude.

Why would being a member of any party be relevant for professional promotion???

Do you understand though that reunification takes the willingness of *BOTH* sides to reunite (and as a German, I have seen first hand how a true successful reunification looks like)? Taiwan is understandably not interested in giving up its independence and "reuniting" with mainland China, so any aggressive communist move would be a hostile invasion (like what Russia is currently attempting in Ukraine) rather than a "reunification".

Once again, I urgently beseech you to reconsider your attitude.
I'm sorry, but it's my language that has caused you to misunderstand, I mean, promotions within the party have nothing to do with outside the party, these are two separate systems.
Second, I think that China is in a different situation from East and West Germany, and there have been many changes to the name of our country, but whether it is the Qing Dynasty, the Republic of China, or the People's Republic of China, it is Taiwan's attempt to "independence" rather than our attempt to "reunify"
Finally, Thank you for your advice, I have always considered the Germans to be quite desirable in thought, I will seriously and carefully consider your proposal, and then, or shall we stop the topic there? I think our discussion was a little too political

My teacher studied in United States, I was studying Japanese, my Japanese teacher studied in Japan, and the teacher who studied in United States told about the things he was discriminated against and encouraged in the United States because he had "no faith". My Japanese teacher has talked about cults in Japan and Korea, and I think that's enough.
And there is a risk of violating the rules of the forum.
You are evading my question - which, if any, countries other than China have you actually physically been to, instead of only having second hand knowledge from potentially (un)reliable sources???

Last edited:
Second, I think that China is in a different situation from East and West Germany, and there have been many changes to the name of our country, but whether it is the Qing Dynasty, the Republic of China, or the People's Republic of China, it is Taiwan's attempt to "independence" rather than our attempt to "reunify"
If Taiwan doesn't want to be subsumed by China, don't try to force them, and respect their sovereignty - is that so hard to understand??? Otherwise, how would you feel if Taiwan tried to make China part of its nation instead???

You are evading my question - which, if any, countries other than China have you actually physically been to, instead of only having second hand knowledge from potentially (un)reliable sources?
It seems that the rigor of Germany is real, I have been to Japan, and when I was a child, my parents took me to Russia, but I have almost no impression of it. My impression of going to Japan is definitely better than the media propaganda, that's all.

If Taiwan doesn't want to be subsumed by China, don't try to force them, and respect their sovereignty - is that so hard to understand??? Otherwise, how would you feel if Taiwan tried to make China part of its nation instead???
If so, why did United Kingdom not allow Ireland to become independent, and why did United States and the USSR meddle in Afghanistan

I think that China is in a different situation from East and West Germany, and there have been many changes to the name of our country, but whether it is the Qing Dynasty, the Republic of China, or the People's Republic of China, it is Taiwan's attempt to "independence" rather than our attempt to "reunify"
First, why and how would the situation be different, and second, Taiwan already rather successfully *exists* as a nation, so it's not an *attempt* of independence. Why would you try to annex a sovereign nation by force that (understandably) wants nothing to have to do with Chinese communism???

My impression of going to Japan is definitely better than the media propaganda, that's all.
Given the state of endemic brainwashing in your country, that would most likely be the case for a whole lot of countries around the world.

First, why, and second, Taiwan already rather successfully *exists* as a nation, so it's not an *attempt* of independence. Why would you try to annex a sovereign nation by force that (understandably) wants nothing to have to do with you???
I don't want to answer these political topics anymore, please understand

Given the state of endemic brainwashing in your country, that would most likely be the case for a whole lot of countries around the world.
Regarding the media, I think it's the same everywhere, we are vilifying the West, and the West is also vilifying us

the meaning of the word gaslight
I can see some indications you use machine translation to read this forum. I recommend you run the English wiki entry through machine translation, in my view it offers a fairly balanced description of the subject. I cannot vouch for wiki entries in other languages than a few of the European languages.

If so, why did United Kingdom not allow Ireland to become independent, and why did United States and the USSR meddle in Afghanistan
Umm, Ireland *IS* an independent nation. As for Afghanistan, for some reason that little hellhole (which by the way is independent as well, but it sure would be fun to watch China take a crack at conquering it :)!) has always been the bane of empires - just ask the British...

Last edited:
I can see some indications you use machine translation to read this forum. I recommend you run the English wiki entry through machine translation, in my view it offers a fairly balanced description of the subject. I cannot vouch for wiki entries in other languages than a few of the European languages.
i see, the gaslighting effect, thank you very much for your help

Regarding the media, I think it's the same everywhere, we are vilifying the West, and the West is also vilifying us
You think??? I urge you to educate yourself by doing research on objective online sources rather than just lazily using the "both sides are doing it" excuse.

I don't want to answer these political topics anymore, please understand
The image of China in other countries is tied up with the perception, in those other countries, of China's politics. Any discussion of China's image in the world is bound to touch on politics.

Umm, Ireland *IS* an independent nation. As for Afghanistan, for some reason that little hellhole (which by the way is independent as well, but it sure would be fun to watch China take a crack at conquering it !) has always been the bane of empires - just as the British...:)
It seems that our views on United Kingdom seem to be very consistent

You think??? I urge you to educate yourself by doing research on objective online sources rather than just lazily using the "both sides are doing it" excuse.
I've seen a lot, huge of rumors and smears on youtube and X or twitter, and that's why I'm posting, and I'm just trying to minimize these misconceptions

I've seen a lot, huge of rumors and smears on youtube and X or twitter, and that's why I'm posting, and I'm just trying to minimize these misconceptions
Those aren't the best sources for information. You will have to wade through heaps of garbage to sort out the good bits.

Political topics, not answered.

Too liberal, of course, wrong, United States is the best example.
OK, that just shows how utterly clueless you really are about what liberal means.
About 1984, I have already read the book and can see that something predicts something that is happening in China, but given that I am looking at the translated version, can you explain for me the meaning of the word gaslight?
Google really can be your best online friend, you know - but maybe it's banned in China? I honestly don't know (nor care).

The image of China in other countries is tied up with the perception, in those other countries, of China's politics. Any discussion of China's image in the world is bound to touch on politics.
It sure is - so?

It seems that our views on United Kingdom seem to be very consistent
I've visited a few times - not a big fan of their beer or food, sorry(!) (however one of the best meals I've ever had anywhere at all was in an Indian restaurant in Wimbledon), and I was once accosted as a "F*ing German" by a drunk patron in the men's room of a London pub, but they do have some cracking aviation museums, and the Farnborough airshow wasn't half bad either back in my day.

Last edited:
Youtube and Twitter are categorically *NOT* objective sources of information, so I'm not sure why you're even looking at them, rather than say Wikipedia for starters.

Last edited:
Hm. So you claim that the desire of part of a country to secede must be supported. Could I took that you also support the Donetsk, Lugansk and Crimea desire to secede from Ukraine?

I thought you were steering clear of political subjects, but it appears that only applies to the politics of China.
Okay, I would leave this topic. I just don't like when someone insisting "A is C, but B could not be C because A is good and B is bad from our subjective point of view"

Hm. So you claim that the desire of part of a country to secede must be supported. Could I took that you also support the Donetsk, Lugansk and Crimea desire to secede from Ukraine?
Exactly what type of support are you talking about? But sure, in an ideal world, if certain regions wanted to secede from a larger entity, and a majority of voters in that region voted for it, in my view they should absolutely be allowed to peacefully separate from the larger entity. As a concrete example, I live in California, and my ultimate dream would be for California to secede from the United States and become a nation of its own. According to Wikipedia, we would rank as the world's fifth largest economy in terms of nominal GDP, and we would not have to worry about what president some flyover mouth-breather states might try to foist on us in terms of backwards or even fascist policies.

Last edited:
Okay, I would leave this topic. I just don't like when someone insisting "A is C, but B could not be C because A is good and B is bad from our subjective point of view"
Apologies for removing my previous entry, I had assumed I was replying to OP Machine_Repair.

Apologies for removing my previous entry, I had assumed I was replying to OP Machine_Repair.
No, I was replying to Martinbayer. I'm a bit annoyed with the position "if someone wanted to secede from the nation we didn't like, it must be a righterous and justified fight for freedom, but if someone wanted to secede from the nation we like, then it's unjustified and condemned separatism"

Exactly what type of support are you talking about?
Do you agree that Donetsk, Lugansk and Crimea were having as much right to seek independence from Ukraine as Taiwan from China, and Russia have as much moral right to support such movement as USA have moral right to support Taiwan? I'm not talking about legalities here; I just want to know your position on, let's say, moral side of both matters.

I contend that bombing Kyiv, the wholesale destruction of Ukrainian real estate with the attending civilian casualties and the meatgrinder battles are bridges too far. Way too far. But we are straying off topic.

I contend that bombing Kyiv, the wholesale destruction of Ukrainian real estate and the meatgrinder battles are bridges too far. Way too far. But we are straying off topic.
Agree about offtopic, but I should point out that any fight for Taiwan between USA and China would probably be even more devastating.

No, I was replying to Martinbayer. I'm a bit annoyed with the position "if someone wanted to secede from the nation we didn't like, it must be a righterous and justified fight for freedom, but if someone wanted to secede from the nation we like, then it's unjustified and condemned separatism"
You are (deliberately?) misrepresenting my statements - I never said *anything* like that, see for example my comments on California.

Do you agree that Donetsk, Lugansk and Crimea were having as much right to seek independence from Ukraine as Taiwan from China, and Russia have as much moral right to support such movement as USA have moral right to support Taiwan? I'm not talking about legalities here; I just want to know your position on, let's say, moral side of both matters.
Sure, but Taiwan is not seeking independence - it already has it. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Bombing Kyiv would be a bridge too far? It would depend on the nature of that support.
I naively(?) thought that support was implicitly understood to be constructive and nonviolent.

Status
Not open for further replies.