Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter (JSF)

Do we not do nice pictures anymore?
We love nice pictures for sure. That one has a specially beautiful light. Many thanks!. I have collected thousands of them in my computer :)

Just thinking if we could preserve the core topic attention as much as possible. Why about opening dedicated threads for that kind of less related but still appreciated posts?
I love to surf the forum like a library. My feeling, after all that years, is that clean threads are more comfortable for reading and locating data when researching. It's also easy to add coherent new posts even after years inactive. Long and cluttered threads, instead, bring me the opposite sensations.

I thought is was a nice picture, sorry. Do we not do nice pictures anymore?

View attachment 732713
No problem there but just a comment along the lines of "Just a nice picture" with the tweet repost would have been useful rather than just the repost.

In this case, TTP is a typo and the correct acronym is TPP for THAAD Portable Planner. And ABS is Airborne Sensor.

This is a continuation of earlier trials that passed F-35 sensor data to various other systems, from field artillery to Patriot batteries via IBCS.
IDD?

USAF F-35A mission availability rates getting even worse!
The minimum mission availability rate target (where an aircraft is capable of performing at least one of its squadrons assigned mission types) is 80% with 90% the desired availability rate.
However the rate peaked in 2020 at 71.4% then fell to 68.8% in 2021, 56% in 2022 (USAF saying its claim of 65.4% in Air and Space Forces Magazine was incorrect) and its now been announced as just 51.9% in 2023. At the same time this year the expected airframe flight hours per year in the service plan has been reduced from 230 hours to 187 hours, because of the reduction in flying hours it expects each airframe to last 8 years longer in service. The annual maintenance cost of the plane has also increased from $4.1m in June 2023 to $6.6m per tail in the June 2024 service plan, an increase of 34%.

Last edited:
USAF F-35A mission availability rates getting even worse!
The minimum mission availability rate target (where an aircraft is capable of performing at least one of its squadrons assigned mission types) is 80% with 90% the desired availability rate.
However the rate peaked in 2020 at 71.4% then fell to 68.8% in 2021, 56% in 2022 (USAF saying its claim of 65.4% in Air and Space Forces Magazine was incorrect) and its now been announced as just 51.9% in 2023. At the same time this year the expected airframe flight hours per year in the service plan has been reduced from 230 hours to 187 hours, because of the reduction in flying hours it expects each airframe to last 8 years longer in service. The annual maintenance cost of the plane has also increased from $4.1m in June 2023 to $6.6m per tail in the June 2024 service plan, an increase of 34%.

And we stopped the F-22 for this stiff?