Here's a summary:
The IVEWS will be internal to the F-16 and will replace the centerline-mounted AN/ALQ-131 self-defense jamming pod, freeing one external station on the fighter for a fuel tank or weapon. The system will use antennas located elsewhere on the fuselage; the outer mold line of the aircraft hasn’t been altered, Conroy said.
The IVEWS is intended to provide the F-16 with electronic warfare capabilities “on a par with fifth-generation aircraft, significantly enhancing survivability for operations in contested and congested electromagnetic spectrum environments,” Northrop said. “Its ultra-wideband suite can detect, identify, and counter advanced radio frequency threats, including millimeter wave systems.”
Conroy said the system will be especially helpful in coping with mobile anti-aircraft radars and missiles whose position is unknown at the start of a mission and which may turn on and fire on F-16s when directly overhead or nearby.
Conroy said the system could permit the F-16 to remain credible into the 2040s, and is being evaluated by a number of F-16 user countries, particularly those buying the F-16 Block 70. Turkey has signed a letter of agreement selecting the IVEWS for its Block 70s.

This IVEWS would be very useful for Ukrainian F-16s.
Not sure if the A/Bs could hold a jammer internally?
The base of the C/D models vertical tail is much broader as it was to hold the ALQ-165 ASPJ (Which was partially cancelled)
1725591748236.png

So it would appear that the F-16 either got too close to a Russian cruise-missile it shutdown and was downed by the resulting shrapnel by flying into it or it was an "Own Goal" shutdown by a PAC2/3 due to improper use of IFF.

Right. We discussed the matter above. I think that MP Bezuhla was right with her claims about the lack of coordination between AD and the UkrAF. Most likely the IFF issue was the crucial factor in the incident.

I expect the USAF is looking this way, https://www.flightglobal.com/milita...e-in-autonomous-aggressor-role/159438.article

That was also the original intention of Blue Force Technologies before Andruil bought them, to market the Fury as an aggressor aircraft. I expect a LO CCA type has such a significant cost reduction for aggressor work, while also being able to achieve some LO, that it is compelling for the USAF. Doesn't solve the impending issue of not enough manned aggressor aircraft.

Last edited:
I expect the USAF is looking this way, https://www.flightglobal.com/milita...e-in-autonomous-aggressor-role/159438.article

That was also the original intention of Blue Force Technologies before Andruil bought them, to market the Fury as an aggressor aircraft. I expect a LO CCA type has such a significant cost reduction for aggressor work, while also being able to achieve some LO, that it is compelling for the USAF. Doesn't solve the impending issue of not enough manned aggressor aircraft.
They also have the likes of ATAC offering Aggressor services.

The core of the forum is inbuilt technology but there's a related interest on the evolution of successful designs and its variants. This thread was opened in 2012 to record F16 developments.

Since the F16 was transferred to Ukraine we are facing from clutter proliferation.

Please post here about technical modifications of Ukrainian Air Force F16.

Any other aspects, like operations, should be in a dedicated thread. If it doesn't exists, feel free to open it.

The forum most important purpose is research thus threads should ideally kept structured with relevant data and accessible. Wrong placed information ultimately renders useful the search engine

Thanks