Firearms secret projects

Looks like your basic Maxim gun on the Russian wheeled carriage. I think it's talking about turning Soviets into ghosts...
Funny guy. :D It's a contraption rigged for continuous fire without a gunner. The two URLs I attached lay that out. Apparently it was used for withdrawals/retreats.

It's a contraption rigged for continuous fire without a gunner.
hrm... It'd take internal modifications of the trigger to not reset after being pulled, so basically pull one spring out, then tie a string to the trigger as your tripwire.

The two URLs I attached lay that out. Apparently it was used for withdrawals/retreats.
Google translate failed me.

hrm... It'd take internal modifications of the trigger to not reset after being pulled, so basically pull one spring out, then tie a string to the trigger as your tripwire.

Google translate failed me.
Don't you love auto translators? The following is what my translation gave me haha:

"[...]parts of the electrically operated device include an electromagnetic trigger attached to its handle, a battery, and a 'hell machine', i.e. a clock device that acts as a circuit breaker. The main part of the latter is an ordinary alarm clock: the brass pointer of the clock moves on the surface of the gramophone record (insulator), making the device work whenever it hits a copper wire contact passing through the record. A 'ghost machine gun' with several thousand cartridges in its metal belt thus fires short bursts at set intervals."

Don't you love auto translators? The following is what my translation gave me haha:

"[...]parts of the electrically operated device include an electromagnetic trigger attached to its handle, a battery, and a 'hell machine', i.e. a clock device that acts as a circuit breaker. The main part of the latter is an ordinary alarm clock: the brass pointer of the clock moves on the surface of the gramophone record (insulator), making the device work whenever it hits a copper wire contact passing through the record. A 'ghost machine gun' with several thousand cartridges in its metal belt thus fires short bursts at set intervals."
Oh, that's cooler than I thought it was!

The mechanism will probably show up at the next major civil war, and I'd be surprised if the mechanism hasn't showed up in Ukraine yet.

Oh, that's cooler than I thought it was!

The mechanism will probably show up at the next major civil war, and I'd be surprised if the mechanism hasn't showed up in Ukraine yet.
Human ingenuity knows no bounds! I would not be surprised if these sorts of contraptions pop up in the years to come when people pour over all the photos, videos, and documents of those wars that have not yet concluded as of my writing, but will one day be history like all the rest. Fun to ponder.

Similar idea to the 'Drip guns', used at Gallipoli . . .

cheers,
Robin.

that's photoshoped
Now that I look at the PPSH more, you're right! The PPS though, I swear looks too real. Regardless of that, the magazine did exist at the end of the Second World War, albeit as an experimental prototype and nothing more. The blueprints are interesting to note. That being said, the magazine is more prominently featured in some variations of the AK platform and the PP-19 Bizon.