Current mystery aircraft / urban legends

The early 1990s felt like a pretty good era when a lot of information became freely available…and before drones turned the skies into an R/C version of Megaforce picture.

The 1990s felt like the decade SpaceX and today’s X-planes should have existed in.

Now we have airborne wonders, but everything just feels wrong.

Was this year a good year for black aircraft? You be the judge. Here is everything that happened.

-Lockheed teased a high-speed aircraft on Twitter
-YF-45D came to light. Originally popped up on Raymond Marshall's LinkedIn Page
-Rumors of a new drone developed by Lockheed started in the start of November
-The YF-220 and X-273 we're removed from Col. Dan Javorsek's biography
-AF Secretary Frank Kendall acknowledged an precursor program to NGAD that produced prototypes

Happy new year everyone.
Based on my own experience, that's certainly *not* everything that happened, but at most only everything that *officially* happened.

And another 1992 (31 years ago) AW article ; about another project linked to Aurora; Blackstar? Often "seen" (and again articles) in the mid 2000's.

Capture d’écran 2024-03-18 à 19.37.05.png

https://apps.sentinel-hub.com/eo-br...99Z&layerId=1_TRUE_COLOR&demSource3D="MAPZEN"

IMG_4016.jpeg

One of the guys at DLR picked up an interesting sight at TTR. It might ‘just’ be the F117’s operating out of there but the last time they were caught in a satellite photo they appeared darker and with slightly different shape - but that might very well be atmospheric circumstances. Compare them yourself - the second picture is confirmed to be F117’s.

It’s impossible to say with any certainty because of the low resolution, but with all the news surrounding the NGAD these past few weeks I wouldn’t be surprised if this was a photo shoot for the NGAD with 2 prototype airframes build for each of the three contenders. To me it looks like there are couples of of three different aircraft with slight shape and colour variations.

Based on the news it looks like the NGAD requirements have changed and the program as it is likely has been scrapped. That would probably mean that none of these aircraft made the cut so perhaps a farewell party before they’re being scrapped and buried or prepared for long term storage for eventual declassification.

Take this with a with a grain of salt as I’m being very speculative - as I said, the resolution is too low to say anything for certain.

Attachments

• IMG_4017.jpeg
    IMG_4017.jpeg
    708.2 KB · Views: 46
I'll give the benefit of the doubt given the resolution of the images, although I think the things that happened in Palmdale a month ago were done to divert attention from the real test site.

Hello all, I wanted to share some footage of some unknown aircraft that were video-tapped in the late 1980s through the early 1990s time frame. I found the video footage through DLR, please ignore the fact that it is within a UFO series TV show episode. I couldn't find the standalone version of the footage. More info about the recordings is in this comment: https://www.dreamlandresort.com/

(Edit: DLR link isn't working, search up "looking for footage of antelope valley unknown aircraft" through their forum archive to view the details.)

As for the video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIN-7UxE2AU&list=LL&index=3

Time stamps:
11:20
11:35

Enjoy. I want to listen to your opinions on this decent footage.

Last edited:
Hello all, I wanted to share some footage of some unknown aircraft that were video-tapped in the late 1980s through the early 1990s time frame. I want to listen to your opinions on this decent footage.
Unfortunately, the video is not available in my country.

I may have your back on this one. This video has slightly better footage quality.
Yeah! Thanks a lot. I remember seeing that footage in those years. There was a LOT going on in the realm of unidentified/secret aircraft in the 1990s and the early days of the internet.

Yeah! Thanks a lot. I remember seeing that footage in those years. There was a LOT going on in the realm of unidentified/secret aircraft in the 1990s and the early days of the internet.
Im still trying to find footage of unknown aircraft out there on the internet, other than those that have been documented here.

Anyways people, I updated the list of fake/urban legend aircraft, for collective and discussion purposes. I am 99% sure, that 99% percent of the aircraft in this list are not real.
-F-19 Stealth Fighter
-Aurora Spy Plane
-TR-3A Black Manta
-Copper Coast/X-24C continuation
-ASTRA
-Senior Citizen, Special Ops Stealth SVTOL Transport
-RQ-3 Darkstar Derivative (Tier 3 Prototypes)
-F-121 Sentinel
-A-17 Stealth Swing-Wing, F-111 Ardvaark replacement
-Blackstar, 2 Stage Space Plane
-Flaming Pumpkin Seed/s
-Stealth Blimp/s
-A-12 Avenger Derivative
-Snow Bird/Brilliant Buzzard/Blackstar
-Artichoke, F-117 Offshoot
-Northrop NGB Prototype
-F-117 Companion
-Mackbolin aircraft
-1999 Tikaboo Peak Fastmover Sighting (Dreamland Resort Forum)
-YF-43B
-Lockheed Test 2334
-RQ-180
-New Skunk Works "Spy Drone" reported by The Warzone and other outlets on 11/3/2023
-Ghosthawk claims by former Navy Seal Chuck Pfarrer
-Sub-scale B-2 prototype/s
-High-speed aircraft that used multiple different types of propulsion (Dreamland Resort Forum)
-The Tooth (Dreamland Resort Forum)
-Classified Lockheed UAV used in the 2003 invasion of Iraq
-Triangular Aircraft photographed over Texas in 2014
-Eglin AF Base Mystery Aircraft 2024
-CSIRS (Covert Survivable In-weather Reconnaissance/Strike)

Im still trying to find footage of unknown aircraft out there on the internet, other than those that have been documented here.

Anyways people, I updated the list of fake/urban legend aircraft, for collective and discussion purposes. I am 99% sure, that 99% percent of the aircraft in this list are not real.
-F-19 Stealth Fighter
-Aurora Spy Plane
-TR-3A Black Manta
-Copper Coast/X-24C continuation
-ASTRA
-Senior Citizen, Special Ops Stealth SVTOL Transport
-RQ-3 Darkstar Derivative (Tier 3 Prototypes)
-F-121 Sentinel
-A-17 Stealth Swing-Wing, F-111 Ardvaark replacement
-Blackstar, 2 Stage Space Plane
-Flaming Pumpkin Seed/s
-Stealth Blimp/s
-A-12 Avenger Derivative
-Snow Bird/Brilliant Buzzard/Blackstar
-Artichoke, F-117 Offshoot
-Northrop NGB Prototype
-F-117 Companion
-Mackbolin aircraft
-1999 Tikaboo Peak Fastmover Sighting (Dreamland Resort Forum)
-YF-43B
-Lockheed Test 2334
-RQ-180
-New Skunk Works "Spy Drone" reported by The Warzone and other outlets on 11/3/2023
-Ghosthawk claims by former Navy Seal Chuck Pfarrer
-Sub-scale B-2 prototype/s
-High-speed aircraft that used multiple different types of propulsion (Dreamland Resort Forum)
-The Tooth (Dreamland Resort Forum)
-Classified Lockheed UAV used in the 2003 invasion of Iraq
-Triangular Aircraft photographed over Texas in 2014
-Eglin AF Base Mystery Aircraft 2024
-CSIRS (Covert Survivable In-weather Reconnaissance/Strike)

what was the Eglin AFB mystery aircraft again, please?

cheers