The most important current & future IFV & Tank consideration.

View attachment 724620

Absolute blast from the past:

First they bring back pinks and greens, now this. I love the whole retro branding thing the Army has going on.

"The AMPV program calls for vetronics and software that adhere to the U.S. military's Vehicle Integration for C4ISR/EW Interoperability (VICTORY) open-systems standards, which use an adopt-adapt-author approach independent of specific hardware or software"

Leads to the question how much a threat could the AMPV possibly pose as an alternative to the XM30 MICV program if costs not controlled, BAE showed a AMPV configured with the External Mission Equipment Package (ExMEP) at the 2024 AUSA Global Force Symposium with its unmanned 30mm turret

Attachments

• AMPV_ExMEP_30mm.png
    AMPV_ExMEP_30mm.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 64
Exit omfv.
What an ugly turret. And that is the one they selected for the Stryker Dragoon to replace the Kongsberg one used on early production vehicles? The higher profile makes it seem like a step backwards.

I'm not sure if they are trying to sell this as an alternative to the XM30 or just as a way of up-gunning AMPVs that would otherwise just have a .50 caliber MG but I think it would be a poor choice for the former. The M2 Bradley already has a high profile and putting a turret on the AMPV results in an even taller vehicle than that.

What an ugly turret. And that is the one they selected for the Stryker Dragoon to replace the Kongsberg one used on early production vehicles? The higher profile makes it seem like a step backwards.

I'm not sure if they are trying to sell this as an alternative to the XM30 or just as a way of up-gunning AMPVs that would otherwise just have a .50 caliber MG but I think it would be a poor choice for the former. The M2 Bradley already has a high profile and putting a turret on the AMPV results in an even taller vehicle than that.
"Wait a minute you're telling me lock down shoot down is only an air force concept???"

The Dragoon still has the Kongsberg turret, the new MCWS Stykers will have the new turret but it won't be backfit to the Dragoon. The Elbit turret seems to have won due to having greater growth potential, having room to add an APS, though there's not been a detailed breakdown of the decision released publicly.

And yes, it's ugly as all get out