Fraser Cain has recently uploaded a video on YouTube to do with his concerns with AI and whether or not its progress should be slowed down:

This is an unusual interview for my channel. It's mostly about AI, our current developments and the threats it poses to us.
00:00 Intro
01:51 Arrival of LLMs
06:30 Alignment of AI
17:35 Existential dangers
18:58 The Pause AI movement
23:47 Safety
32:42 Wake-up calls and red lines
39:12 Possible response
41:43 AI as part of evolution
44:25 Simulation hypothesis and the Fermi Paradox
49:52 How to get involved
51:48 Current obsessions
57:19 Final thoughts

A nuclear reactor at the notorious Three Mile Island site in Pennsylvania is to be activated for the first time in five years after its owners, Constellation Energy, struck a deal to provide power to Microsoft’s proliferating artificial intelligence operations.
Constellation closed the adjacent but unconnected Unit 1 reactor in 2019 for economic reasons, but will bring it back to life after signing a 20-year power purchase agreement to supply Microsoft’s energy-hungry data centers, the company announced on Friday.
The restart, the first time a nuclear reactor in the US has been recommissioned after closure, will send an additional 835 megawatts of power to the Pennsylvania grid, create 3,400 jobs and contribute at least $16bn to the state’s economy, Constellation said.
There will also be a comprehensive safety and environmental review by the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission before it issues a permit for the restart of the reactor, which is scheduled to be online sometime in 2028. Constellation said it would seek licenses that will extend plant operations to at least 2054.

Via Slashdot:

From Reuters:

Via Slashdot:

From Reuters:
From the Reuters article.

Microsoft has also signed a power purchase agreement with Washington-state fusion company Helion, which says the plant will be online by 2028, far earlier than many scientists say fusion will become commercial.

Good news especially given that modern server-farms especially the ones running AI are massive power-hogs on the other hand I won't be surprised if the reactivation of this nuclear power-plant will bring all of the local Greenpeace anti-nuclear Luddites out of the woodwork.

I am going to walk you through some advanced AI magic and bring you up-to-speed on state-of-the-art boundary-pushing when it comes to generative AI. It is a bit of a mystery story too.

In this column, I will showcase something that is on the outskirts of everyday generative AI and primarily experimental in advanced AI labs. It is an approach that leverages multiple chain-of-thought processing and incorporates AI-based meta-reasoning. Some believe that this might be an essential ingredient or secret sauce of the new o1 generative AI model, and, by the way, the future for leading-edge generative AI.