Unknown monoplane

My amateur translation: "From 400 kilograms ???? 32 weight 750 kilograms, little wonder that it did not fly."
Which leads me to speculate that it was a German prototype that ended up too heavy to fly.
The airframe reminds us of many British efforts during the 1930s, but the engine looked to be horizontally-opposed, which suggests an American-made, 4-cylinder engine.
During the 1930s, Continental A-40 to A-65 engines only produced 40 to 65 horsepower.

Thank you .
The seller names the album " sailplanes flying in Brazil " : this could be a Brazilian aircraft with an American engine ?
Looking further , page IX there is a "Besucher" , a visitor : it seems to be a Brazilian CNNA HL 1 (Piper like , but with parallel wing struts )
So , we are probably in Brazil , with German gliders ( Early Zögling ; modified Grüne Post ; Grunau Baby II )/
The town could be Canindé , Brazil .

Last edited:
Richard B, it can't be the CNNA HL-1, which is, as you stated is Piper like, ie high wing, when the picture clearly shows a low wing type

I only spoke about the visitor , page IX , not about the unknown monoplane ...

It looks like it may be related to the IPT-0 Binchino series of aircraft of Frederico Brotero and Orthon Hoover that were designed and built at IPT (Institute de Pesquisas Technologicas). The hangar of the school's flying club is the same one that shows up in photos in the album, photo from IPT website. The open glider in the album photos also looks like Brotero's IPT-1. The landing gear of the aircraft also resembles that of the IPT-16 Surubim.

https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/threads/brazilian-eay-cap-and-ipt-designations.12035/

2196_maior.jpg 56e7f8a2713ae3fb98a664d5e6b52dc9.jpg
IPT-0

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom