Unidentified spanish project from 1929.

Yes, an Hispano-Suiza 12Hb is shown (as in the Loring R-III).

But, I believe, Toryu was referring to this test rig's lengthy extension shaft transmitting power to the propeller.

Yes, an Hispano-Suiza 12Hb is shown (as in the Loring R-III).

But, I believe, Toryu was referring to this test rig's lengthy extension shaft transmitting power to the propeller.
when ill be adult ima convince the spanish,german,italian, british and japanese governement to rebuild their peacemakers bombers and put them in museums :D the loring b2 in spain the fw ta400 in germany the j10 fugaku in japan and the vickers type cin great britain (also the caproni ca90 in italy)

I'm doing my personal interpretation. It still needs to mature, but I think the general lines are already taking shape.
wow thanks a lot it looks very good , will it be posted on shipbucket when finished?

I'm doing my personal interpretation. It still needs to mature, but I think the general lines are already taking shape.
wow thanks a lot it looks very good , will it be posted on shipbucket when finished?
I don't have a shipbucket account, also when making my drawings I don't fully follow their rules. Where if I upload them, it's to my Devianart account.

I don't have a shipbucket account, also when making my drawings I don't fully follow their rules. Where if I upload them, it's to my Devianart account.
oh ima sub to your devianart what is it?

Hi toryu84 how are you today? :D i wanted to ask if your loring b-2 shipbucket drawing was completed or if not then how is it going?

It is not yet finished because I have doubts about some details
whoa it looks so great thanks a lot for your drawing and your great drawing skills we are reveiving one of the rarest aircraft in history :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230326-095803_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230326-095803_Gallery.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot_20230326_095832.jpg
    Screenshot_20230326_095832.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
I wonder if the configuration in the photo is of an engineless wind tunnel model to examine lift and drag of the configuration, with engine configurations to be added and experimented with later.

Attachments

• Colorized 1929 Image.png
    Colorized 1929 Image.png
    458.8 KB · Views: 36
... but adding windows to a wind tunnel model would be quite unusual, wouldn't it ?

... but adding windows to a wind tunnel model would be quite unusual, wouldn't it ?
As well as painting the whole model in light color.
Wind-tunnel models mostly were wooden, with very smooth polished surface
I should also admit strange elongated hatches on the fuselage sides, below and aft to the wing. Not a common feature for the large aircraft.
Perhaps, wind tunnel model has been rapidly adopted to the show' exhibit?

I wonder if the configuration in the photo is of an engineless wind tunnel model to examine lift and drag of the configuration, with engine configurations to be added and experimented with later.
Perhaps, for this particular model eginges nacelles haven't been mounted in order to "hide" one of the project adanced features - propellers on the extended shafts? Without the nacelles it's possible, that most exhibition visitors would think, that engine/propeller configuration is classic - pulling propellers and engines on the leading edge. Just an educted guess, no more :cool: