The End of History

FICTION TEXT from “Silver Queen Series Books”;)

“While my ship's I-COM runs its algorithms, I have a few minutes to explain how my family's business evolved from my great-grandfather's old 'Pest-Control' van to the Silver Queen interstellar ship, in just four generations. Though frankly, I do not expect you to believe me.

132 years ago, Swiss scientists from the Blue Brain Project managed to create a digital simulation of the human brain using Neuron software. A mathematical analysis of the model revealed that some of the activity of our neural networks develops, at the quantum level, in one multidimensional universe. That explains why a brain of such limited volume can do so many things using only a few watts. You go to sleep with a problem in your head and wake up with a solution without knowing where it came from... how in the world is that possible?

What the Swiss discovered is that the brain uses other dimensions where time does not exist, or where times goes by at different speed, to solve complex problems. It was possibly a desperate measure of evolution to prevent humanity from extinction half a million years ago.

In October 2019, the Sycamore-Google quantum computer solved its first 'impossible' problem operating in multidimensional mode. Hereafter, it was only a matter of asking the right questions to the new oracle... and to correctly interpret its answers.

Although it was not so easy. Early attempts to solve some classical problems that had defeated several generations of theorists produced incomprehensible answers making it necessary to create a quantum translation interface.

In 2041 scientists from Nakajima Glass Company's communications division announced that they had managed to send an INSTANTANEOUS message to their San Francisco subsidiary using a technology based on the spin-spin theory. The “Established Paradigm” rushed to deny the evidence, only to be crushed when the new Nakajima Tau-Zero communications system began to be marketed.

Once the academic scandal was calmed down, theorists became desperate to consider all the time lost in the face of a barrier that had been existing only in their own minds.

Eight months later, a quantum computer from the Cariatyd series took only 17 seconds to unify the two sets of equations that define the Dark Energy and the Dark Matter. The translation offered by the Raiden interface allowed us to understand the nature and structure of the Hyperspace.

On 19 June 2042, the Ginga space probe managed to pass 'to the other side of the mirror' and return with the recording of all the parameters of the flight. The most amazing thing about the experiment was that the Osaka space center continued to receive telemetry from the Hyperspace through the ship's Tau-Zero system.

The only thing that still separated us from the stars was the radiation problem. We had to find a procedure to protect the manned ships or there would be no future to interstellar travel.

When Finnish engineer Nils Stenman knew how to ask the golden question, the solution turned out to be something as simple as fire, antibiotics, or Rommel's tanks running out of fuel as they rolled over a sea of Libyan oil.

The answer had always been there, inside a magnet.

When theorists close a door and lose the key, only an engineer can reopen it”.

"They simply have an unlimited amount of shells," he says. "They have entire warehouses full of [them]. They can shoot all day, and they won't run out of shells. But us? We'd run out of shells this year.

Ads have appeared on government websites and on the social media accounts of state institutions and organizations, including libraries and high schools.

One of them, posted by a municipal administration in the western Yaroslavl region, promised a one-time bonus of about $3,800 to sign up, and if sent to Ukraine, a monthly salary of up to $2,500, plus about $100 a day for “involvement in active offensive operations,” and $650 “for each kilometer of advancement within assault teams.”

People have stopped believing in established religions and instead seem willing to believe in anything.
This is truer today than ever. The right to believe in anything has become paramount.
Arguing against belief is futile. My consolation is that fact tends to force out fiction eventually. If you dont believe me look at Ukraine.

People have stopped believing in established religions and instead seem willing to believe in anything.
This is truer today than ever. The right to believe in anything has become paramount.
Arguing against belief is futile. My consolation is that fact tends to force out fiction eventually. If you dont believe me look at Ukraine.
If faith has lost its masters, humanity is prepared to be led by any opportunistic organization with sufficient technical means. It won't be much worse than what we had before.

The *actual* end of our history as we know it will logically only occur when the very last human(ish) being inevitably draws their final breath, which will very likely be well before the entropy runout of the overall universe. Everything else is utter idle speculation and sheer sensationalist rubbish. To quote BTO, You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet...

Last edited:
I fail to see what the purpose of this thread topic is. If focussed upon Francis Fukuyama's End of History thesis it seems to have strayed far from and in fact seems to be a rambling series of unconnected posts now. Unless someone can enlighten me to the supposed focus I am tempted to shut it down.

I fail to see what the purpose of this thread topic is. If focussed upon Francis Fukuyama's End of History thesis it seems to have strayed far from and in fact seems to be a rambling series of unconnected posts now. Unless someone can enlighten me to the supposed focus I am tempted to shut it down.

This is the Bar. unless there is some deeply negative consequence to the existence of this topic, it should be left alone.