SpaceX (general discussion)

there were issues on front flaps again but happen much later as IFT-4 so around Mach 14
Starship "naaa i still work, gonna land on target"

But then it exploded?! Or am I wrong?
seems super hot raptor engine don'1 like seawater...

Hoppy perspective
GZxaLwmXgAgqyt0

In many federal civil lawsuits discovery is not allowed. It's at the discretion of the court wether it is allowed at all, and if so, how much. And federal courts give the federal agencies an undue level of discretion with regards to "expertise", affidavits, etc.. even when those are contradictory to established fact or even previous statements by the same agency.

In a recent and ongoing federal civil case the Department of Justice provided affidavits that supported a policy-based set of decisions, from the person who was most involved in the creation and execution of that policy. Then turned around and in a subsequent set of affidavits basically said "Oh wait, we changed the policy to the new policy before that, and the new policy violates the law less" --- and the court accepted it. The agency says it did not even know what it's own policy was, and this was coming from someone intimately involved with the creation and execution of that policy.

You can't make this stuff up.
Now that Chevron was overturned...

The real October surprise.
This lends inestimable credibility to EM.

Starlink for catastrophes, Tesla for the environment and quality of life, Optimus for GDP growth, X for the 1st Amendment, SpaceX for the future; they undermine the credibility of government programs like SLS and others. The blowback could be substantial. Don't underestimate the efforts of bureaucracy to defend its existence.

This lends inestimable credibility to EM.

Starlink for catastrophes, Tesla for the environment and quality of life, Optimus for GDP growth, X for the 1st Amendment, SpaceX for the future; they undermine the credibility of government programs like SLS and others. The blowback could be substantial. Don't underestimate the efforts of bureaucracy to defend its existence.
Stop it. He ruined Twitter

I am just glad that SpaceX mannaged to get it down safely this time, it is a pity that it exploded when it tipped over after landing successfully. It is something that they will have to look into if they are thinking on doing more splashdowns in the future.

Last edited:
Well, if only Elon wasn't swimming amid the pond scum at the bottom of the septic tank... more seriously, if Space Force needs moar Falcon 9 launches out of Vandenberg, I think California won't be allowed to stand in the way of National Security.

Notice also how it holds back its pincer while the part of the rocket body that is not supposed to enter in contact pass by. It means that Mechazilla has sensors that identify the rocket outer shape to firm the grip only when the rocket is in the proper position.

Notice also in the Booster picture above that we have at least 100 different iterations b/w the Raptors that are installed.

Well, if only Elon wasn't swimming amid the pond scum at the bottom of the septic tank... more seriously, if Space Force needs moar Falcon 9 launches out of Vandenberg, I think California won't be allowed to stand in the way of National Security.
States cant do anything with US military Bases.

They sre completely under Federal Jurisdiction, so much that state police have no power if tge Post Commander tells them to bugger off.

All this is tge DOD trying to be Nice and losing patience.