SpaceX (general discussion)

why Ship 24 / booster 7 haven't flown yet - and never will in the end.

- the payload bay door weakened Starship vertical integrity (is it curved, and very wide)
- the interstage had serious risks to fail at max-Q
That slit might not look like much—but at speed…

Now, this is why I still like the idea of side payload mount. Energia pushed the Buran…Columbia pushed its ET.

Both cores were unbroken. No slits…just kingpins like you see plug into a fifth wheel of a tractor.

Might having Starlink pallets to either side of “The Bullet” be an answer?

Manned pallets for abort? The pods dock—the Starship returns immediately.

No cuts.

Last edited:
Give me good old NASA Illustration from 1970s

FsL001yWcAEpaFw

source
View: https://twitter.com/galopujacy_jez/status/1640142449052876800

Greeeeeaaaaaat !! I love those old NASA pictures.

Elon Musk is a genius. Aged only 6 in 1977, he had already created SpaceX in South Africa and was immediately hard working, improving Boeing's Space Freighter. That SpaceX - Boeing rivalry is older than yu think LMAO.

(Personal opinion: this is the closest from BFR Starship we ever got before SpaceX inception in 2002. And it even used methane fuel ! Very much the product of a one night stand between a Space Shuttle and a BFR-Starship)

image49.jpg

Launch 215th had just abort
The Falcon 9 flight computer stop countdown 3 second bevor launch
SpaceX look into issue and attempt to launch tomorrow.

I take it that is SpaceX getting ready for the launch of Starship? That will be interesting to watch, getting excited already.

4:20 is slang for marijuana smoking. Musk has used it before, both casually and in some more serious instances. His Twitter timeline is full of 420 referecnes, but he also proposed to take Tesla private at $420 per share, and his bid for Twitter was priced at $54.20, when the actual market price was rather lower. It's a bit of juvenilia that fits his apparent mindset.

Last edited:

4:20 is slang for marijuana smoking. Musk has used it before, both casually and in some more serious instances. His Twitter timeline is full of 420 referecnes, but he also proposed to take Tesla private at $420 per share, and his bid for Twitter was priced at $54.20, when the actual market price was rather lower. It's a bit of juvenilia that fits his apparent mindset.
Supposedly the only time he's tried it was the once on Rogan's show. That's why such a big deal was made of it. His constant 420 reference I think is more for trolling/amusement than him being the next Snoop Dog. Just my two cents.

Of course, 4/20 has a completely different (and much more sinister) connotation in Germany...

The licence is valid for five years
Good, so, next question: are there limits to the number of times they can launch per year, over those five years ?

Things are looking up for Starship jeffb, any official word about what time Starship will launch on Monday? Fingers and toes are crossed that all goes well for the first launch.