Solid State Laser News

For me, the most interesting things in this post on X are the statements: "Korea's high-ranking research centers are now developing ultra high-power femto laser plasma technology for laser weapons systems. Block-III is also being developed, which is also applicable to military ships as naval versions and plans to have anti-ballistic missile capabilities."

Miltec news out of S. Korea last couple years or so has been quite remarkable. 5th Gen fighters, tube and long range artillery and precision fires, armored vehicles, etc.

Military technology superpower with a growing export customer base.

For me, the most interesting things in this post on X are the statements: "Korea's high-ranking research centers are now developing ultra high-power femto laser plasma technology for laser weapons systems. Block-III is also being developed, which is also applicable to military ships as naval versions and plans to have anti-ballistic missile capabilities."
Emm... 20kW class means it's good against slow moving balsa drones or stationary quadcopters.
We are seen this level from fiber lasers a decade ago (LaWS).
Nothing to see here...

Emm... 20kW class means it's good against slow moving balsa drones or stationary quadcopters.
We are seen this level from fiber lasers a decade ago (LaWS).
Nothing to see here...
True for the current capability reported in the post, but the post also says they are developing ultra high-power femto laser plasma technology for laser weapons system and Block III laser systems with anti-ballistic missile capabilities for the future. The post does not divulge the development timeline or power level goals for these systems under development, but they would have to output much higher power than 20kW, at least MW+ class. That's why I previously said that those systems under development are the most interesting part of the post rather than their current capability of only 20 KW. Whether they will be able to achieve the requisite powers in a useable form factor remains to be seen.

Last edited: