Small Modular Reactors (SMRs)

Flyaway

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Good explainer about SMRs one of the most important answers in looking for non-carbon power generation.

Last edited:
Also from last month:

New technology, Small Modular Reactors (SMR) are what we need, green power is not paying off, needs more evolution. Need to listen to the USN, safe nuclear power for many decades now. We could sure use SMRs in California but they would have to be fueled with Marijuana, Tofu and Lemon Grass. I asked about Uranium fuel but their retort was not Myranium but Uranium, so I stated, we have to live with Tofu as the Cattlelyst, that's bull.

Sir, you have violated California's "Use a Pun, go to jail" law. Prison is too good for the likes of you. Report to the nearest Punitentury immediately.
Looks like an I am being punished. Someone else who enjoys the finer things in life. I try not to go for quality just quantity, something will stick. Use a pun, end up in CA.

When I read that I wondered how wee kranky sturgeon would react.........

And surprise surprise, the Scottish Government is vowing to block it.

NuScale's VOYGR reactor has been certified by the NRC:

The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission has certified the design for what will be the United States’ first small modular nuclear reactor.

The rule that certifies the design was published Thursday in the Federal Register. It means that companies seeking to build and operate a nuclear power plant can pick the design for a 50-megawatt, advanced light-water small modular nuclear reactor by Oregon-based NuScale Power and apply to the NRC for a license.

"Army Energy Depot" - a concept as old as Metuslah: 1963. Now that was a damn interesting idea, if not truly practical. Mobile nuclear reactor to split air and water 's contains into hydrogen, ammonia and methanol fuels... they even flew a Caribou transport and an UH-1 chopper with ammonia. Unfortunately with only half the energy of kerosene, performance took a big hit.