• 91d2e1cc26891d122474ebc5522d9de6.jpg
    91d2e1cc26891d122474ebc5522d9de6.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 83
  • ufo-steve-douglass.jpg
    ufo-steve-douglass.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 82
Something to do with B-21?

Attachments

• YmIzMGVldgwoGDt0eRd7GWtAby4_TnVPPFh3ZXlda1V5AmIhPwA8HywKImkxHiwdKA09aSYAdgw5E2IxZ0M9BDoKISYvQz...jpg
    YmIzMGVldgwoGDt0eRd7GWtAby4_TnVPPFh3ZXlda1V5AmIhPwA8HywKImkxHiwdKA09aSYAdgw5E2IxZ0M9BDoKISYvQz...jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 70
Chinese media believe this is a new aircraft being test-flown

B-2

Attachments

• 6164957807_86debb8864_b.jpg
    6164957807_86debb8864_b.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 41
  • garza4b2.jpg
    garza4b2.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 45
In night vision footage, glowing triangles are shutters.

Real craft or camera artifact?

Pardon me, binged a thread.

It's textbook stuff, straight from the "Cover-ups for Dummies" playbook - denial, disinformation and discredit.
You greatly underestimate the willingness of most junior military folks (who are all in their early 20s, I will remind you!) to do something that will screw with people.

A post-processing software solution does not give "fantastically accurate" images. It does quite the opposite. "Fantastically accurate images" require a "fantastically accurate" light path to the sensor. Taking bad data and attempting to apply a correction is not how "accurate" works.
Hubble Space Telescope.

The problem with black programs is that there can be a lot of waste (even when doing good work, the results might not be used for anything), and it's never visible anywhere...
The biggest issue with black programs and waste is that each one needs whoever is doing the oversight to be briefed into the program and then paid out of that program.

With a secondary issue that things developed under one program may not be known to be used for another program. Not quite the well-known A-12 Avenger II issue of not getting the information released, more not having the information that a flying dorito will have an immense RCS head-on due to the flat trailing edge. Not having the information that the primary driver of your RCS is shape, not materials.

My first thought after looking at this was that they have to have fielded limited Prompt Global strike capability with access to that much money. ;)
We've had Prompt Global Strike since the 1980s and the 6000+nmi ICBM (MX and Trident II).

It's fairly easy to connect him with people who _might_ know about SAPs. His writing partner on Red Storm Rising was Larry Bond, who was also author of the Harpoon wargaming rules (still going strong, wish they'd release 4th Edition). There are several people in the Harpoon community who were senior naval analysts in their day jobs. Of course whether they would admit to knowing about SAPs is another question entirely.
I'd actually suspect it was more the regular Harpoon players being in the service.

Old friend of mine was playing a Harpoon game back in the day when several of the USN players wanted to do something involving Tomahawks. The Game Master shot them down, eventually saying loudly enough that my friend could hear it, "You know they can do that, I know they can do that, BUT HE DOESN'T KNOW THEY CAN DO THAT and HE DOESN'T NEED TO KNOW!"