MODERATOR NOTE: please note the thread tittle: "Jean Bart aircraft carrier conversions", please note the tittle of the subform: "secret naval projects", then posting Jean Bart battleship photos in its built form is OFF-TOPIC.

Sorry, thought they served to show just how good a material condition they were in right into the 1960s.

I think the French Battleships 1922-1956 book by John Jordan and Robert Dumas have sketches on the missile battleship configuration on the last page. Will check.

Also am I understand correctly that Malaface would be the French Anti ship missile design based on V-1 and Hs-293?

I think the French Battleships 1922-1956 book by John Jordan and Robert Dumas have sketches on the missile battleship configuration on the last page. Will check.
There's not, but a list of conversion projects on page 222 describing
Project 1: Modernisation of AA guns 1957
Project 2: Guided Missile Cruiser 1958 Solutions A to E
Project 3: Terrier Missile conversion

BTW, we're off-topic again.
Do you prefer to rename the thread as "Jean Bart unbuilt projects" or that thread split into "Carrier conversions" and "AA conversions"?

Also am I understand correctly that Malaface would be the French Anti ship missile design based on V-1 and Hs-293?
It was rather... complex design, probably inspired by American "Kingfisher" series. It was a liquid-rocket powered missile, guided into target by manual radio commands (tracked by either radar or optical telescope) and armed with "diving" warhead, that was supposed to strike target below waterline. Essentially, it was a more primitive analogue of Soviet KsSH "Shyuka" missile.

Damn, my pictures are dead and there is no way of recovering them. A pity. I'd rather supress the dead links than having stupid red crosses, what you think ?

Top trick someone pointed out this week - if you click reply the images will load in the reply, so you can re-copy them from there.

Here is the relevant page from John Jordan and Robert Dumas's French Battleships book about the Jean Bart / Richelieu Missile conversion ideas:
Ahh yes looks like I've already posted that page, but remembered wrongly that there are sketeches there. I wonder if there are sketches in the French archives?

Please donate to support the forum.

Back
Top Bottom