Indiana Jones 5

For me, the last Indiana Jones film was “the Last Crusade”. “Crystal Skull” was pushing it. Although I did like the way Indy and Marion got married in the end.

I have a feeling this 5th entry is going to be the worst in the series and will help kill the franchise.

I have a feeling this 5th entry is going to be the worst in the series and will help kill the franchise.
Setting aside the plot rumors, the trailer really doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. It's one thing to have dodgy CGI for some sort of fantastical element, but Indy On A Horse looked just wrong. And A Dude On A Horse is the sort of thing that you wouldn't tend to think of as needing CGI.

And Indy's line about not believing in magic... uuuuugh.

It reminds me a sort of mishmash among He-111 and a Siebel Si-204:

29031_rd.jpg

Maybe a He-111 was used for the shooting, then transformed in post production to look like a Si-204.
But I don't really see the point.

I spot two dorsal turrets, maybe the rear one should have a better line of sight....

Last edited:
But I don't really see the point.
Maybe the story requires a tail gunner. Raiders of The Lost Ark needed a pusher aircraft for one of Indie's opponents to be mauled by -> hence bogus flying wing aircraft.
No twin-tail He 111 ever flew existed. Do not expect historical accuracy from Indiana Jones.

Last edited:
Last weekend marked the one-year anniversary of the release of Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny at the 76th Cannes Film Festival on May 18, 2023.

I have mixed feelings about Dial of Destiny. The first half of the film started off awkward and uneven, but I enjoyed Indy, Helena, and Teddy’s adventures in the second half. But while I loved that the movie ended with Indy and Marion's reconciliation, I feel that there is something missing in the ending.

The biggest unanswered question of Dial of Destiny is whether Indy and Marion's family legacy would end with them, or if they actually have a secret grandchild who is the offspring of their deceased or missing son Mutt. My headcanon or theory is that during the Vietnam War, Mutt fathered a half-Vietnamese Amerasian child or bụi đời with a lover, but neither Mutt nor his parents would know about the kid before his death or disappearance in Vietnam. If Indiana Jones does get revisited with Expanded Universe materials set after Dial of Destiny, perhaps Indy and Marion meeting their long-lost grandchild could be a potential story.

Finally, I understand that Helena Shaw is a polarizing character in Dial of Destiny, but I actually do not hate her. I admit that I did not care for Helena in the first half, but she eventually grew on me in the second half. I believe that Helena was misused and underutilized by the film’s script which prevented Helena from reaching her potential as a fully-developed character. Nevertheless, I give props to actress Phoebe Waller-Bridge for working with what she was given as Helena Shaw.

Since Harrison Ford has announced that he is finished with Indiana Jones, Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s Helena Shaw could play a role in finding Indy and Marion’s grandchild. Despite the very distant possibility, I would not mind watching a Helena Shaw spin-off miniseries where she discovers Indy and Marion’s long-lost grandchild and helps their family become whole again.

What are your thoughts about Dial of Destiny? Is this the last we see of Indiana Jones, or do you think we will see Expanded Universe spin-off stories in the future? How do you think the Indiana Jones franchise should be revisited?