But how many would you buy with $100M?! 100 000* ?
They have 50 Tigers on paper to be augmented by more EC135 (let´s say that on average 50 will be available for training).

50 for 100 000 rockets equates 2000 training rockets fired per a/c. Let´s say that every crew get to fire 10/year, it´s 200 crew per Helicopter. Even if we say that they bought them for the next decade, it is still 20 crew per helo.
Does it match anything we know about the reality of staffing in the German Army?

Now, if you tell me they are guided rockets, I would understand. But wouldn´t that have better appeared in the news release? On the contrary, they clearly say Unguided.

*Zuni rockets are listed around 400$ per round, I am assuming here 1000$ per round

Last edited:
Training rounds for rocket launchers have been a thing for 50+ years.

Obviously. But why ordering so much? This is the question we are trying to answer.
You certainly don´t want overbuying the capacity you can generate through your available training infrastructure and personnel needs.

Obviously. But why ordering so much? This is the question we are trying to answer.
You certainly don´t want overbuying the capacity you can generate through your available training infrastructure and personnel needs.
Would have thought live firing is agood thing? It doesn't need to go boom at the other end to provide effective training value to crews... No idea why this is so controversial?

Please donate to support the forum.

Back
Top Bottom