E-7 Wedgetail AEW&C

Regarding the vulnerability of this type of platform: it should boted that they spend the overwhelming majority of their work operating in peacetime, and even in war, against non peers. I think even the VKS would struggle to kill an AWACs protected by fifth gen aircraft; I suspect their fighters would struggle to make it to the FEBA. For the U.S. facing the PRC, other options need to be developed. But even then an AWACs is perfectly useful in peacetime.

Buried in the story: "The E-7 Wedgetail has also recently been selected by NATO as their next command and control aircraft." I, for one, missed this news.
20 years too late... Granted there were a couple of problems during its development but Turkey, South Korea and Australia were spot on for procuring this aircraft when it first came out.

I don't know if they've changed anything from the base design for these new-found customers; i mean It's an excellent AEW aircraft but I also think that it needs to go under a quarter life update real soon.