Dutch Aircraft Designations

Dear Apophenia,

maybe this one was it,I am sure from my files about the design,but maybe not,all I know it happened
in 1921.

it was Pander "J",a single seat fighter Project,powered by single engine,

I forget to announce that,

it powered by either one 690 hp Hispano-Suiza 12 Xbrs or one 860 hp Hispano-Suiza 12 Ybrs engine.

Also we can add this Project and above;

Pander R-1 was sporting monoplane Project,mentioned in a book about him,but I don't
have it ?.

The source for those two Projects is this book;

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 6
What was this Pander ?

Your machine translation makes it sound like there was a 3-seater named 'DAVY'. Instead, this airframe was a construct of the newly formed Vliegtuigfabriek 'DAVY'. This was the new name applied on 01 Sept 1924 to the ruins of Vliegtuig Industrie Holland (VIH). The new owner's - furniture makers H. Pander & Zonen - quickly dropped the 'DAVY' appellation for their aircraft division in favour of their own, better-known name.

To make sense of the mention of the Minister of Water Management, you need to know that the, throughout its existence, the ministerie van Waterstaat has had on-again/off-again associations with the ministerie van Transport. At the time in question, Minister van Waterstaat Gerard van Swaay was responsible for issuing pilots' brevets as well as provided financial support for the fledgling Dutch aviation and airline industries.

In other words, Vliegtuigfabriek 'DAVY' / Pander & Zonen had their begging bowl out ... but they were obviously refused.

Of course, none of that addresses exactly which airframe was being considered. Just going by the date, it must have been a design that Pander & Zonen inherited from VIH - just as their built 1924 Pander D light plane had been developed from the Holland H-2 (in turn, derived from the Carley C.12). My guess is that this 3-seater was a 'chubby' version of what emerged two years later as the 2-seat Pander E sesquiplane trainer.