It was from a pdf

Attachments

• Waffen Arsenal So73 - Höhenkampfflugzeuge+.pdf
    7.4 MB · Views: 350
This the best photo of the db-624 I have seen.

Thats lifted from my website without credit or permission, the images were given to me by the son of the chief designer of DB, Dr-Ing Karl Kollmann, so I would appreciate it if you would credit the source. It takes a gigantic amount of work to get such images, and its not very respectful to copy-paste them without even crediting the source, although I suppose its my stupid fault for posting things on a website and expecting them to be treated with respect.

I blended the two images together in photo-shop and so the result is immidiately obvious to me, the original RHS images is below before I blended the two images together in the middle.
amount of work am 603L.jpg

Last edited:
:-X The DE-607 was a similar diesel in architecture and size at "603" for 1750 hp. It was abandoned and did not go into production.This was a four-stroke diesel engine, whose initial development was at the behest of Lufthansa, later however its usefulness to long-range military aircraft was also realised. The first engine was running in 1939, however the V3 and V4 (1940/41) were only experimental engines. Dimensions were similar to the DB 603. Take-off power was 1100 KW (1,500 HP) and with development should have reached 1285 KW (1750 HP) at 1500 rpm. If this had been successful then with a weight of 860 kg a power to weight ratio of 0,49 kg/HP would have resulted. Sources differ as to when it was cancelled, the earliest states 1941 the latest October 1942.DB 630, a 36 cylinder Double W engine with a capacity of 89 litres and output in the 4,000 HP class (2,940 KW). Dr. Berger calculated the optimal cylinder arrangement angles should be 40° + 40° + 100° and it was designed to use only one crankshaft. Development was abandoned in April 1943.
question, do you have the dimensions (as in actual engine size) of the DB604 and DB630? I want to use it as basis for a fictional larger engine (about 80.2L, X24 160x163mm)