Creating your own scale drawings: How to.......

How does Affinity Design compare with Illustrator?

Chris
Very favourably, I would say there are 90% of the features, but its the 90% you actually use!

Main advantage, apart from the cost), is its a clean sheet application that doesn't have decades of features added and bolted on, its genuinely a nicer place to work!

In my day job as a design educator, Affinitys attitude is a million miles from certain other companies, emails get answered quickly and they are open to feedback on features and workflow, the other lot just tell me to log into the support forums and hope for the best, which is not what you expect for a significant 5 figure subscription every year. Just wish we could dump them and move over entirely but the industry has an expectation, although we are starting to see a shift.

As a designer, well I had been using Adobe apps for over 30 years and I've pretty much made the switch totally now with no issues.

Zeb

Heh - timely - Affinity products are 50% off right now :)

'Get Version 2 of Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo and Affinity Publisher on all operating systems, including iPad, for one low bundle price'