Contest 1934: A speedy bomber for the Royal Italian Air Force

ı am more of a What-iffer ; my first post here must be the one where ı had this Harrier in Turkish service , just to tell that ı couldn't register on that site . As such ı had this thread saved back in the day , including post 33 and ı think MC72's images have disappeared . ı can upload them , as saved .

Attachments

• juznn37dlb.jpg
    juznn37dlb.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 115
This is a bit off-topic, but I see there are some members with very detailed knowledge of the Savoia Marchetti SM.79 ...

Attached photos show a factory model of the original SM.79C in Sorci Verdi colors, in my collection. It is signed by Ing. Alessandro Marchetti to "Dino Gardini". I have two questions:

-1- Does anybody know who is Dino Gardini (was he perhaps one of the flight or ground crew of I-11 during the Paris-Damascus race)?
-2- What was the actual serial of this particular airplane (i.e. I-BRUN, I-BISE, I-MONI, etc.)

Thank you very much!

Attachments

• Savoia Marchetti SM.79 02.jpg
    Savoia Marchetti SM.79 02.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 69
  • SM.79C Dedication.jpg
    SM.79C Dedication.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 66
I like this aircraft,too. ;)
https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19186.msg286768.html#msg286768

I found this site.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/97053-Savoia-Marchetti-SM-79C-WIP

Thank you blackkite – good site and already one of my questions answered!

Istres - Damasco - Parigi

Italian SM-79C aircrafts (in order of arrival):

1st I-FILU (1-13: pilots Fiori-Lucchini)
2nd I-CUPI (I-11: pilots Cupini-Paradisi)
3rd I-BIMU (1-5: pilots Biseo-Mussolini, yes he was the Duce's son)
4th I-TOMO (1-6: pilots Tondi-Moscatelli)
5th I-ROTR (1-12: pilots Rovis-Trimboli)
8th I-LICA (1-7: pilots Lippi-Castellani)

Ciao
Giuseppe

MC72 said:
The proposal aircrafts was:

Piaggio P.32
Macchi MC.91 and MC.97
Breda “82”
Fiat BR.20 & BGA
Savoia Marchetti lS.79B
Caproni Ca.135
Cant il Z.1011

also CMASA and CAB involved in this competition,and maybe the BGA was called B.11 ?.

Please donate to support the forum.

Back
Top Bottom