Thanks. I'd love to know if those other engine-swaps were just test beds or did they represented potential production types. If the latter, might any of our Argentinian members know of designations?

Adding this here since it won't fit in the tags. DINFIA stands for Dirección Nacional de Fabricación e Investigación Aeronáutica. It existed from 1951 (initially known as Industrias Aeronáuticas y Mecánicas del Estado, or IAME) up until 1979, when it was shut down by the then ruling military Junta. Some more background can be found in the Wikipedia article linked below.

Adding this here since it won't fit in the tags. DINFIA stands for Dirección Nacional de Fabricación e Investigación Aeronáutica. It existed from 1951 (initially known as Industrias Aeronáuticas y Mecánicas del Estado, or IAME) up until 1979, when it was shut down by the then ruling military Junta. Some more background can be found in the Wikipedia article linked below.

Check out page 1 of this thread, I did explain the acronym there. However I didn't come up with quite the same dates (but it is a fact that the chronology of all those name changes is difficult to establish precisely).

Check out page 1 of this thread, I did explain the acronym there. However I didn't come up with quite the same dates (but it is a fact that the chronology of all those name changes is difficult to establish precisely).

FAMA S.A. is missing from the list. The acronym FAMA stood for Fábrica argentina de materiales aeronáuticos (Argentine Aeronautical Materials Factory).

As part of an opening process, FMA was transformed into a public limited company (FAMA SA), being integrated in its capital by the Air Force in 46%, Aeritalia-Agusta in 44% and Techint 10% through decree No. 492/ 88 of April 22, 1988.

The brand new company had to define a plan of possible products and industrial and commercial programs to follow. These possible products involved the licensed production of the ATR-42 by Aeritalia and a medium helicopter model by Agusta, called the A-129 LBH Utility.

Attachments

• 465 Set-Oct 88_01.jpg
    465 Set-Oct 88_01.jpg
    577 KB · Views: 1
  • 465 Set-Oct 88_16.jpg
    465 Set-Oct 88_16.jpg
    520.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 465 Set-Oct 88_17.jpg
    465 Set-Oct 88_17.jpg
    803.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 465 Set-Oct 88_18.jpg
    465 Set-Oct 88_18.jpg