April Fools Day 2022

Rhinocrates

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Some naval ones

Personally, I would have thought it would be HMS Farage.

The cruelist one was F-14 being revived to replace F-35. In other news, quantized inertia has at last been achived with a super-turboencabulator...that is all...that's enough.

While working on send out the most recent "rewards" package to APR Patrons and subscribers, I had to type the same email subject line over and over: "APR rewards for 2022-03 are now available." Simple and straightforward enough, but my tendency to transpose digits and numbers kept changing the date to "2200-03." Since this was the day before April Fools, I had the notion that it would be interesting one of these years to send out, say, the 2223-03 rewards instead of 2023-03 rewards. Instead of dry boring reports on STOL battlefield recon planes and the like, there'd be presentations on proposed short range warp shuttles and unbuilt starcruisers. The following day an email would be sent out along the lines of "whoops, made a small error, do not distribute, please destroy, blah blah blah."

Too much effort to go through for such a small joke, I suppose.

A couple more.

“Glasgow was chosen as it’s already used to being near nuclear weapons and any accidents would, to be honest, improve the look of the city.”

Ouch.

Paella has been found to be of French origin - not Spanish. The latter didn't liked the joke very much.

The saddest picture of all published yesterday! Now, I finally figured our, how shortsighted was
US Navy when decided to put in production the simplified 2-engine version of original 3-engine F-14 Tomcat.
They think that trade power of third engine for extra missiles was wise... Not at all! The biggest mistake, that admirals made.
I'm easily imagine those original 3-engine Tomcats, performing aerobatic as Blue Angels, easy outperforming F-18s.
Sorry for bit of melancholy, I'm nearly crying 8-(