André Starck Aircraft And Projects

I think that was AS-07 ?.

Okay ... but based on what, exactly? We know that the Avions Stark AS-07 Stabiplan glider design was of Nenadovich-style staggered box-wing configuration (as per the later AS-37). [1]

By contrast, the "New Look" machine images posted by @sienar appear to show a shoulder-winged monoplane - with conventional, constant-chord wings wire-braced from kingposts. Lateral control came from those underwing inverted 'park-bench' ailerons. A conventional-looking vertical tail is visible (but, alas, we cannot tell whether there were horizontal tail surfaces).

I see no similarity whatever between this "New Look" ultralight and the AS-07 glider.

[1] The AS-27 Starcky was a more literal bow-wing but lacking the lower wing dihedral of the AS-37.

Okay ... but based on what, exactly? We know that the Avions Stark AS-07 Stabiplan glider design was of Nenadovich-style staggered box-wing configuration (as per the later AS-37). [1]

By contrast, the "New Look" machine images posted by @sienar appear to show a shoulder-winged monoplane - with conventional, constant-chord wings wire-braced from kingposts. Lateral control came from those underwing inverted 'park-bench' ailerons. A conventional-looking vertical tail is visible (but, alas, we cannot tell whether there were horizontal tail surfaces).

I see no similarity whatever between this "New Look" ultralight and the AS-07 glider.

[1] The AS-27 Starcky was a more literal bow-wing but lacking the lower wing dihedral of the AS-37.

That's AS-07 my dear Apophenia.

Attachments

• AS-07.jpg
    AS-07.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom