yahya

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
I wonder when will the AI become omnipresent in the small (FPS-alike) combat drones allowing them to be more autonomous? Should that happen by mid-2025? Will we see then the hunter-killer drones that will be able to precisely distinguish between the friendly and foe vehicles or combatants?

Given that we are already seeing such drones, it seems plausible that high volume usage (over 50% ?) might be reached sometime by 2026?

Don't think they'll be able to tell friend from foe though.

Basically, i would expect them to keep a locked on/human designated target steady and ram into it even if it moves. Nothing fancy.

More advanced AI that would look for targets on its own is still years away, to be widely present on the battlefield on the cheap.

Thanks for the follow up. I wonder if small FPS-alike drones could be fitted with AI and sensors similar to the purpose of the BAE BONUS and GD SMArt allowing them a more autonomous attack against armored vehicles.

I guess the IFF matters cannot be easily done by the AI.

I'm sure some unlucky men have been blown up by the inability to determine friend from foe. Pity the infantryman. At least mechanized units can potentially have sufficient systems to counter kamikaze drones. That's a lot harder to do for straight leg infantry units.

I'm sure some unlucky men have been blown up by the inability to determine friend from foe. Pity the infantryman. At least mechanized units can potentially have sufficient systems to counter kamikaze drones. That's a lot harder to do for straight leg infantry units.
The solution to that is simple, have them limited by geographical area of attack.