Can a Su-25 or a Mi-24 Helicopter detect and shoot down a drone with an air to air kill?

Trdat

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
My understanding is that MIG-29 and F-16 were designed for air to air combat and something like the SU-30 will have a stronger radar so at least on paper they should all detect drones that have difficulty to be detected by ground radar due to radar horizon issues.

But can a SU-25 radar detect smaller RCS targets such as drones and take down with air to air missiles?

I knwo this is a very simplified question and there are many factors that unlfuece the outcomes but at least to get an idea of if a SU-25 on paper can go and hunt a Bayraktar would be interesting to know?

Has the Russia Ukraine war showed us air to air kills such as this? And if so what type of drones?

My understanding is that MIG-29 and F-16 were designed for air to air combat and something like the SU-30 will have a stronger radar so at least on paper they should all detect drones that have difficulty to be detected by ground radar due to radar horizon issues.

But can a SU-25 radar detect smaller RCS targets such as drones and take down with air to air missiles?

I knwo this is a very simplified question and there are many factors that unlfuece the outcomes but at least to get an idea of if a SU-25 on paper can go and hunt a Bayraktar would be interesting to know?

Has the Russia Ukraine war showed us air to air kills such as this? And if so what type of drones?
Su-25 and Mi-24 don't have a radar, so, no.

Back
Top Bottom