Aircraft - Real or fake?

I think that,it was not real DVL project, right ?.

Attachments

• 310.jpg
    310.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 70
@Justo Miranda I'm afraid the laughter emoticon leaves me guessing at the information possibly hinted to by it.
Could you please elaborate?

@Justo Miranda I'm afraid the laughter emoticon leaves me guessing at the information possibly hinted to by it.
Could you please elaborate?
Both Dan and I have published extensive information on the Blohm & Voss Bv P.209.01. in our books. I thought CiTrus 90 was joking, but he doesn't seem to know my work. I'm sorry he's been so biased.

Last edited:
Both Dan and I have published extensive information on the Blohm & Voss Bv P.209.01. in our books. I thought CiTrus 90 was joking, but he doesn't seem to know my work. I'm sorry he's been so biased.

It is not the same aircraft. The one Hesham and I posted is a DVL design, as documented by Dan in his bookazine (pages 52 to 55).
The one you posted is a Blohm & Voss project.

The most prominent distinction should be easy to see:
- the first one (DVL) is a prone pilot design.
- the second one (B&V) has a normal cockpit where the pilot sits in the upright position

In what way would I be biased when I point out they are not the same?

Are a F-106 and a Mirage III the same aircraft just because they have one engine and a delta wing?
Clearly not.
Same here: the DVL project is not the B&V P.209.

You can ask Dan if you don't trust my opinion.
But I certainly don't see the reason to say I would be biased against you, did I do something to upset you, besides pointing out an error you made by misidentifying this aircraft?
Is that reason enough to take it on a personal level?

@CiTrus90 referred to the aircraft described as a DVL jet fighter on pages 52-53, pictured on pages 54-55 of Luftwaffe: Secret Designs of the Third Reich by Dan Sharp. I have included a low-res image of pages 54-55.
In Luftwaffe: Secret Fighters of the Third Reich, page 52, Dan Sharp writes about the B&V P.209.01 - low-res image also included.
Dan Sharp appears to consider these two as separate developments.

Attachments

• DVL jet fighter.jpg
    DVL jet fighter.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 31
  • B+V P.209.01.jpg
    B+V P.209.01.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 38
@CiTrus90 referred to the aircraft described as a DVL jet fighter on pages 52-53, pictured on pages 54-55 of Luftwaffe: Secret Designs of the Third Reich by Dan Sharp. I have included a low-res image of pages 54-55.
In Luftwaffe: Secret Fighters of the Third Reich, page 52, Dan Sharp writes about the B&V P.209.01 - low-res image also included.
Dan Sharp appears to consider these two as separate developments.
Well, if it comes to talking about Dan's books, I'll be happy to collaborate. I think the DVL version is an excellent discovery that I was completely unaware of. It never ceases to amaze me at the continuous appearance of new German projects.;)

Miyazaki is a prolific artist on fictional aircraft. A lot of it was printed in the Japanese magazine Model Graphix before being published in books.
It's an absolutely genius design: the engine and cockpit of a Raiden and the tail surfaces of a Zero. The wings of a Shoki with a central section to allow the installation of the turbojet... possibly a Ne 12B. I'd like to make a three-view scale drawing for the modelers.:)

This so Fake, but it look cool
GLz_L9KXIAAmNOu

Source: X

Warplanes of the Third Reich by William Green, Doubleday 1970 shows a drawing of a He 115C with an MG 151-20 in just such a chin turret.
Green writes the installation was first tested on the single He 115D, then goes on to write "most surviving He 115s were fitted with heavier armament, some having the bath-mounted 20-mm MG 151 tested by the He 115D, and an MG 81Z twin-gun installation in the dorsal position".

Thank you ! There is even a photo of an He 115c page 323 ... I forgot to search in my old "Warplanes of the Third Reich"

Scan of the drawing.

Attachments

• He 115.jpg
    He 115.jpg
    341.7 KB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom