Youtube sign in scam.

Login in, what's it all about Alfie, good or bad?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I do not go there anyway.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who cares, shut them down.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Foo Fighter

Cum adolescunt hominem verum esse volo.
Reaction score
For a while youtube were happy to just do the 'cookie' consent thing.

Now they are demanding that folk 'log in' to watch video's.

I think it is a scam to grow traffinc numbers and make themselves appear more relevant/useful.

As a serial non joiner, I have zero idea why I would want to sign up for all these anti social medium outlets, better things to do frankly, like anything.

They're getting the traffic numbers just fine either way. Requiring a login allows them to track users across devices, and distinguish users on the same device, allowing better (i.e. more profitable) advertising.

On the user side, the advantage is that you can subscribe to creators you enjoy, have your viewing history and saved content accessible across devices, and get better tailored recommendations.

If you don't use multiple devices and don't share the device you do use, the advantages of logging in are minimal. But if you don't think your data is being tracked and sold anyway, I've got bad news for you.

I don't use a lot of devices for the internet, no phone internet for example.

If folk post an interesting clip, I might have watched it without the signing in bit anyway. With the sign in requirement, no chance.

As for being tracked and sold across the internet, I make it as hard as I reasonably can.