Yak-15 / 17

topspeed3 said:

According to wikipedia and other sources around 280 were built, so it doesn't really qualify as
a type, which was built just as a prototype and much less as a project. And although the first
two digit are identical to the Yak 152, there's obviously no relation between those types.
So, what information shall we get from that link ? ???

topspeed3 said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakovlev_Yak-17
It is curious...YAK-3 was conerted to YAK-15 and then into YAK-17.

I still don't get your point. We are discussing PROJECTS in this thread, and the Yak-3, Yak-15 and Yak-17 aircraft are very well known production types.

This is simply NOT the place for these. If you want to "discuss" them (and not just give a link to a web page without a hint of an explanation), then go to the Aerospace section and create a new page... but only if you think you have something valuable to add (there are plenty of pages on the web depicting or discussing these already).

Topspeed3, please, once again:
In this section of the Secret Projects Forum, unbuild projects, or types that didn't proceed beyond the prototype
stage can be shown and discussed. The same for the "Early Projects" and other section dealing with projects.
The principle should be clear, I think.
For interesting information about aircraft, that were built and used in service, we have the "Aerospace" section.
If you are trying to find an author for a book, maybe you could try the "Bar", as the "Bookshelf & Marketplace"
is for books already finished or at least in the making.
The headings of each section aren't there just for fun and I really think, you should stay to the rules here.
You already had your try to stray from a topic in the "9/11 wreckage discovered" thread and one more here.
Please, regard this as a warning, that the next time, you'll get some time to read the forum rules !

Simplicate and Add Lightness
- Ed Heinemann

Our ignorance is not so vast as our failure to use what we know !
- M. King Hubbert

It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.
- Upton Sinclair

Funny how the relevance and interest to be found in some people's contributions are often inversely proportional to the length of their signatures...

Stargazer2006 said:
Simplicate and Add Lightness
- Ed Heinemann

Our ignorance is not so vast as our failure to use what we know !
- M. King Hubbert

It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.
- Upton Sinclair

Funny how the relevance and interest to be found in some people's contributions are often inversely proportional to the length of their signatures...

I am sorry that I have commented here...won't happen again !