World War 2 Bomb and Aerial Mine Anatomy and Disposal

Jason Dykstra (Wyvern)

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am writing this thread in order to research the anatomy of WW2 bombs and aerial mines. I am currently researching bomb and mine disposal techniques during WW2 Malta, and I would like to give an in-depth view into the parts that make up a bomb or mine (e.g. "base plate", "extension cap", "blast cap", "fuze", etc.) in order to give the viewer some background before diving into things immediately, as this is a subject which is not really all that present in everyday media, but the work presented was of the utmost importance to the war effort.

Are there any sources for this?

Regards,

Jason

Hi all,

I am writing this thread in order to research the anatomy of WW2 bombs and aerial mines. I am currently researching bomb and mine disposal techniques during WW2 Malta, and I would like to give an in-depth view into the parts that make up a bomb or mine (e.g. "base plate", "extension cap", "blast cap", "fuze", etc.) in order to give the viewer some background before diving into things immediately, as this is a subject which is not really all that present in everyday media, but the work presented was of the utmost importance to the war effort.

Are there any sources for this?

Regards,

Jason
The bulletpicker site has everything you need including links to various ordnance manuals of the period.