So weird making to modular when three of the four calibers named are functionally almost identical (.300 WM, .300 NM, and .300 PSC are very similar in all but the most extreme corners of performance). Just pick one; it's not like the USSS is going to be operating somewhere it needs to be able to borrow ammo from another service or anything.

So weird making to modular when three of the four calibers named are functionally almost identical (.300 WM, .300 NM, and .300 PSC are very similar in all but the most extreme corners of performance). Just pick one; it's not like the USSS is going to be operating somewhere it needs to be able to borrow ammo from another service or anything.
The person getting hit is unlikely to notice the difference. I'm a .338LM guy myself. Although there are many new variations on that too now, .338NM etc...

They do have subtle differences under various operational and environmental conditions, I believe.

Well, I could see arguing between .300 Norma and .300 PRC. They're close enough together in terms of capacity and performance to be a "only whiny competitive shooters even have a preference between the two, and even then it's an even split."

.300winmag is the oldest cartridge design and is belted, plus it's actually the shortest overall length. 85mm versus 93.5 for the Norma and 93.85 for the PRC. And it's the slowest by about ~40m/s.

They do have subtle differences under various operational and environmental conditions, I believe.
.300 Norma is ~200fps faster than .300winmag with the same weight bullets. IIRC PRC is as well.

This honestly feels like someone tired of dealing with their different counter-snipers all preferring different rounds.