US Army design photo query- any Westland connection?

GT6Boy

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
Good afternoon folks.
Looking through my late father's work paperwork(1953-87 Bristol/Westland), I happened across this unmarked image. I've tried a reverse image search on Google, but no avail. I'm sure someone here can readily identify the image.
Other than his own professional curiosity, I wonder why he might have held onto this image- were Westland in any why involved in such a scheme?

Attachments

• US Army small .jpg
    US Army small .jpg
    29 KB · Views: 28
Thanks to Abingdon's identification and now knowing the XV-1 was a convertiplane, I would hazard a guess my father used the image as part of a display he put together in the Drawing Office of the Repair & Overhaul offices at Oldmixon (Weston-super-mare), for the Westland Open Day in 1981. This had previously been the Helicopter Design Office for the Bristol Helicopter Division. Dad having been part of the HDO sourced all manner of photos from the company records and put on a very interesting display(I've still got a lot of the images).
I suspect the XV-1 image may have been used as part of the display he did relating to the Rotodyne, given the not dissimilar attributes.

Last edited: