BAe-P.110.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 1,865
  • Hawker-P.1154-RAF-mock-up.jpg
    Hawker-P.1154-RAF-mock-up.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 1,727
  • 1154mock2.gif
    1154mock2.gif
    191.1 KB · Views: 1,635
The P.1205 did not have a mockup built. The image above is of the BAe Warton P.109, which used a 'twin poster' nozzle system.

Of course, Kingston did build a mockup of the P.1216

All are covered in my book ;)

Attachments

• BAe-P1216.jpg
    BAe-P1216.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 310
What happened to all the mockups? Were they broken up and destroyed or is there a chance they survive in a warehouse somewhere?

Back in 97 I found myself in the Chad archive on official bussines looking out data to support MRA4. Looking through piles of paper and with a bit of an interest in the Avro 730 I kept a close eye out for any references. Pickings were slim, but I did find a short memo which made reference to " an inspection of the full scale mock up of the Avro 730 on Woodford South Site". I know the Woodford photo store was lost in a fire, so I guess it's not suppriseing that photo may not exist but there is one well known heavily airbrushed picture which I've always assumed is a model. Just maybe?

The mock-up of the former Farnborough Aircraft F1 turboprop was found languishing at the NGTE Pyestock ( see
http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1981.msg16860.html#msg16860 )

The photo below shows it in a better condition as the Richard Noble Farnborough Aircraft F1 Mock-up exhibit at Farnborough 26 July 2000.

Note the large rectangular cabin windows which were replaced by oval ones in the US built derivative.

The design rights were passed to a US company as the Kestrel JP100 (later JP10) after a manufacturing deal in the UAE fell through.

Attachments

• Farnborough_F1_Mock-up_26-07-2000_K16_Image.jpg
    Farnborough_F1_Mock-up_26-07-2000_K16_Image.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 220
It is 100% certainly not the mockup.

A mockup is made of wood typically, or even cardboard and foam.

The P.1121 remains are metal aircraft parts, and there or many dozens of photos of them under construction at Kingston, and later at Cranfield and Cosford.

There could have been a ground test airframe under construction as well as the prototype. You could make some kind of argument there, because that would have been constructed of metal identically to the prototype.

Not a mockup though.

It is 100% certainly not the mockup.

A mockup is made of wood typically, or even cardboard and foam.

The P.1121 remains are metal aircraft parts, and there or many dozens of photos of them under construction at Kingston, and later at Cranfield and Cosford.

There could have been a ground test airframe under construction as well as the prototype. You could make some kind of argument there, because that would have been constructed of metal identically to the prototype.

Not a mockup though.
Thanks for clarifying! Which brings back the original question: What happened to the P.1216 mockup? Was it chopped up into firewood? Or has it, or parts of it somehow survived all these years?