UH-60 Blackhawk Sales and developments

RavenOne

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Congratulations to Lockheed Martin - Sikorsky on delivering the 5000th Blackhawk

First Hawk of 2022 i laid my eyes on was Slovak Training Academy (part of IDAG) Blackhawk at ILA Berlin 2022 in June.... was marketed also as a airborne firefighting so led to belive this one is operating in Australia for the firefighting season. So here are my pics

IMG_3291.jpg
IMG_3298.jpg
cheers

No special paintjob like the 5,000th Phantom? *sniff*

Maybe there just wasn't room to fit all the users nations' flags on?

I think there are somewhere around 150 more H-60 on order, with the platform still in competition for more requirements. Given that there are already several niche' companies that refurbish older H-60, I think people will be looking up to see these beasties fly by somewhere on the planet until ...2070.

From the link above.
Autonomous Medevac, low alt tactical flight with a sling load... Wow

View: https://youtu.be/dYcq_pzLsjA

Question to the guys with hands on the bird: I though the standard NATO stretcher could not fit transversally in the cabin with the doors shut?

Attachments

• 1719305746139.png
    1719305746139.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 85
Question to the guys with hands on the bird: I though the standard NATO stretcher could not fit transversally in the cabin with the doors shut?

1719305746139-png.732770
Either that stretcher has removable handles at the ends of the poles or they can't close the doors.

@BlackBat242 : Yes, exactly. In the video, they seems to still proceed to close the sliding doors prior the liftoff. And I don´t think that the standard NATO stretcher has something like removable handles.

@BlackBat242 : Yes, exactly. In the video, they seems to still proceed to close the sliding doors prior the liftoff. And I don´t think that the standard NATO stretcher has something like removable handles.

Looks like it actually does fit somehow. Here's the interior of a UH-60L configured for CASEVAC. Some configs have the litter pans along the sides of the compartment, but this one shows them crosswise.
1719403269772.png

There are NATO-compatible litters with handles that fold in, possibly for this very reason.

@TomS : Thanks. But that does look like some stretcher mostly compatible with smaller patient. With a 1.9m litter only (the fabric part where lies the patient), anyone taller than 5´9" would have their feet sticking out and then the door jammed on them.

Well, my ultimate point was that the UH-60 is too narrow for the 21st battlefield and that an enlarged cabin could be a better way to use the extra power coming with the new engines.

Notice how in the picture above, the MEDEVAC need twice as many Medics to attend the patients as there is no way to cross in flight from front to aft.

1719423896682.png
Today HH-60M

Well, my ultimate point was that the UH-60 is too narrow for the 21st battlefield and that an enlarged cabin could be a better way to use the extra power coming with the new engines.

Yeah, that's probably true, though the actual clearance between doors is a bit wider than that (84 inches, 2.13 meters)

The UH-60 CASEVAC configuration is the lowest capability version. The dedicated HH-60s are certainly better, and have mostly have longitudinal litters. I saw some sources suggesting that the litters in the UH-60 can actually be rotated around a post in the middle of the cabin, but I'm not sure. Definitive sources are scarce.

Back
Top Bottom